X5S AutoFocus not Clear?

Reaction score
Website
www.precisionaerialsllc.com
So I just got back from a shoot and I saw this happen before but didn't make anything of it. All my photos seem to always be out of focus? And if i go to manual, the focus wheel after autofocusing is maxed out as if it is just defaulting weird.

Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 90
Have you calibrated the lens? Do you have any that are sharp, or have all been like this?

So all of your images look like this? It could be a sensor issue.

When calibrating the lens it's important to choose a target that's on the right distance for the particular lens. Sometimes I have to do the calibration a few times by choosing different distant objects till I got the infinity mark to correspond to infinity focus.

I meant to bring my X5S with me to work and clean the sensor and lenses at lunch. I may do that tonight or at lunch tomorrow and test. It could be poor calibrations, as I just point to a house across the street (I assume is close to 50m) and try calibration. I assume 50m is considered infinity focal distance? Or is it difference per lens?

I had the same problem on my Olympus 45mm even with calibration (No filters) I just think it's the way it is.

Are there specs per lens sizes for this somewhere?

Are there specs per lens sizes for this somewhere?
I don't know what are the exact distances, usually I'm doing it a few times picking different distances and simply I observe the result and repeat the calibration till get the infinity button right.