Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S AutoFocus not Clear?

Reaction score
Website
www.precisionaerialsllc.com
So I just got back from a shoot and I saw this happen before but didn't make anything of it. All my photos seem to always be out of focus? And if i go to manual, the focus wheel after autofocusing is maxed out as if it is just defaulting weird.

Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 90
Have you calibrated the lens? Do you have any that are sharp, or have all been like this?

So I just got back from a shoot and I saw this happen before but didn't make anything of it. All my photos seem to always be out of focus? And if i go to manual, the focus wheel after autofocusing is maxed out as if it is just defaulting weird.

Anyone else dealing with this issue?
When calibrating the lens it's important to choose a target that's on the right distance for the particular lens. Sometimes I have to do the calibration a few times by choosing different distant objects till I got the infinity mark to correspond to infinity focus.

I meant to bring my X5S with me to work and clean the sensor and lenses at lunch. I may do that tonight or at lunch tomorrow and test. It could be poor calibrations, as I just point to a house across the street (I assume is close to 50m) and try calibration. I assume 50m is considered infinity focal distance? Or is it difference per lens?

I had the same problem on my Olympus 45mm even with calibration (No filters) I just think it's the way it is.

When calibrating the lens it's important to choose a target that's on the right distance for the particular lens. Sometimes I have to do the calibration a few times by choosing different distant objects till I got the infinity mark to correspond to infinity focus.
Are there specs per lens sizes for this somewhere?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07