Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5S Filter Install Question

Reaction score
New I2 and X5S camera. On all of my digital camera lenses (Nikon) I’ve used a filter to protect the lens element. I’d like to do that with the X5S lens. I can’t figure out how to get it on the camera. Does the lens hood come off. Do I need to remove the balance ring? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you have the X5S? Most of the lenses that fit it take a 46mm filter screwed on the front like your DSLR. The exception to this in my stable is the 45mm Olympus which takes a smaller filter. The X4S on the other hand is a bit more complicated.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Yes you remove the hood from the X5S. Depending on the ND filter you bought you may have to remove the balance ring. Best way to do it is just install the filter then check balance

Are you sure you have the X5S? Most of the lenses that fit it take a 46mm filter screwed on the front like your DSLR. The exception to this in my stable is the 45mm Olympus which takes a smaller filter. The X4S on the other hand is a bit more complicated.
Yes the X5S, and yes its a 46mm filter. I just can't get my fingers between the lens hood and the balance ring so I can take it off and install the filter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop