Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 downward jitter

Reaction score
Hello, I did a firmware update yesterday on my I2 plus my x7.

Afterwards I noticed that when I paned the camera downwards it began to jitter at 82 degrees, at 90 degrees downward the pan locked the only way to move the camera upwards was to hit the recenter button.
I tried with the 50mm and the 16mm with the same effect.
I tried to duplicate this problem with my 2 x5s cameras with different lenses.
The issue is only happening with the x7.
Has anyone had this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Hello, I did a firmware update yesterday on my I2 plus my x7.

Afterwards I noticed that when I paned the camera downwards it began to jitter at 82 degrees, at 90 degrees downward the pan locked the only way to move the camera upwards was to hit the recenter button.
I tried with the 50mm and the 16mm with the same effect.
I tried to duplicate this problem with my 2 x5s cameras with different lenses.
The issue is only happening with the x7.
Has anyone had this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Mike, what FW version?

Aircraft version 01.02.0600
Mike, I flew my I2 today and checked the gimbal operation all the way down to -90 degrees. I'm also on FW 01.02.0600. No jitter problem, but every flight the remote controller disconnects from the aircraft. Cannot do anything serious with that going on. I've tried powering down repeatedly and that's no help. For the first 8-10 times powering up, with the I2 on the ground, the motors were doing speeding up and down repeatedly. Finally, today it did the same thing for 3 power ups and then stopped. Crazy FW 01.02.0600?

Mike, I flew my I2 today and checked the gimbal operation all the way down to -90 degrees. I'm also on FW 01.02.0600. No jitter problem, but every flight the remote controller disconnects from the aircraft. Cannot do anything serious with that going on. I've tried powering down repeatedly and that's no help. For the first 8-10 times powering up, with the I2 on the ground, the motors were doing speeding up and down repeatedly. Finally, today it did the same thing for 3 power ups and then stopped. Crazy FW 01.02.0600?
I contacted tech support and sent a video of the problem, it happens on both my primary I2 and my back up I2, I’ve tested both of my x5s cameras and they seem unaffected.
I have noticed that the camera yaws in the first few minutes after start up but it seems to settle down. I did some close ups with the 50mm about 6 feet from the subject, no wind but the drone was not stable at all.
Now my back up I2 is giving me an 0X100000 error saying no connection to the gimbal.
I am losing confidence in my equipment, doesn’t make me feel good.

Mike, my I2 and Cendence RC was failing in the air earlier today. Now a total failure to talk to each other. According to DJI.com forum, current Cendence FW is 02.00.190. I'm on 03.00.02.00. Something very whacky is going on. I know this is off your jitter thread, but seems there may be a connection.

Mike, my I2 and Cendence RC was failing in the air earlier today. Now a total failure to talk to each other. According to DJI.com forum, current Cendence FW is 02.00.190. I'm on 03.00.02.00. Something very whacky is going on. I know this is off your jitter thread, but seems there may be a connection.
I am using a Cendence also, I will check the firmware, and I will test the drone with a standard controller. Thanks

I did a quick test with the standard controller, I didn’t have to move the camera with my hand to reset its position, I will test fly with the standard controller tomorrow.

Tested with the GL6D10A with the same result.
I did inspect the drone a little closer and noticed that the front 2 gimbal isolators were quite a bit elongated and the rear had torn and was leaking white fluid.
I replaced all 3 isolators which seems to have moved to downward pan problem past the 100 degree point.

After being contacted by tech support, they said to check for debris in the gimbal but I didn’t find any, what I did find was the downward tilt was jamming. I sent the camera to DJI and it needed a gimbal motor, repair cost $103, now I can work on my other problems. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry