Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7 lenses for M300

Reaction score
Did anyone see the announcement that DJI has a new bad *** camera coming out that will use the X7 lenses. I’m pretty excited about it. Perfect timing because I almost sold my lens set. Glad I’ll still get to use them.

I did see that ad the other day and did not see a reference to an X7.
The specs for the P1 shows some wording that I’ve not seen before.
The word they use in the mount section of the specs is
“DJI Skyport”. Is that that same as 4/3 mount?
I’m certainly not the expert and I’ll watch to see more info. Post if you get more info please.

I have spoken to two companies and they both gave me a pretty solid confirmation that the X7 lenses will be supported. The X7 lenses have DL mounts and the ad states those types of lenses will be compatible with the P1. The only one that looks like it will be the oddball and not compatible will be the 16mm lens. Oh well, 3 out of 4 is not bad. I already have a buyer for my 16mm on standby waiting for confirmation. I guess we will know for sure as we get closer to the release. All I know is I will be super stoked if it does. A drone company in dallas said that towards the end of the first quarter of 2021 is when they will start taking orders. And it will be **** pricey to the tune of around $9k. Ouch

And it will be **** pricey to the tune of around $9k. Ouch

Is that $9K for the P1 alone?!? That is absolutely crazy ? DJI does seem to like pricing their gimbals more than the drone they are suppose to run on lol

I hadn’t seen that, but thought the lenses shown with the P1 looked like the X7 lenses. I wouldn’t give up on the 16mm either, if it’s a FF & DL mount, I don’t see why the 16mm wouldn’t mount. The 9mm mounts on the X7 and it’s not a DJI lens. The M300 & payloads are outside my scope unless projects ever justified, but I was curious on the L1 payload.

I’m exploring RTK / PPK, many lower cost options in comparison. Although the M300 platform is an amazing setup... And all 3 payloads are very nice.

Reactions: dmvara
Is that $9K for the P1 alone?!? That is absolutely crazy ? DJI does seem to like pricing their gimbals more than the drone they are suppose to run on lol
It is OBSCENE if you ask me, but then again all of their stuff is overpriced out of the box....****??

I'll betcha the L1 is near $35k or over... haven't seen a LiDar system within these specs under $25k, let alone the integrated gimbal and RGB camera in sync.

All Out of my current range or justification, but if it was $35-45k, plus $20k for M300 setup... that would be under $70K total. For a LiDar fully integrated aerial setup, that would be considered low cost package. Some LiDar are over $100k alone.

The P1cost of $9K for Survey Mapping Modeling... compared to I2 & X4S or X7 with a LoKi PPK kit (or Reach?)... especially with I2's, X4S and X7 in Inventory... lower cost option. Nice thing about a LoKi PPK kit... can be moved from M600P w DSLR, I2, P4P, etc.

New M300 and Payloads are top marks!
This is leading technology and at a substantial lower cost compared to other options.

Another area of concern for High Cost Investment would be the Govt DJI bans: Fed & State and several prvt. businesses electing to follow might limit the higher profit projects. Lot of investment to limit the available client base.

I hadn’t seen that, but thought the lenses shown with the P1 looked like the X7 lenses. I wouldn’t give up on the 16mm either, if it’s a FF & DL mount, I don’t see why the 16mm wouldn’t mount. The 9mm mounts on the X7 and it’s not a DJI lens. The M300 & payloads are outside my scope unless projects ever justified, but I was curious on the L1 payload.

I’m exploring RTK / PPK, many lower cost options in comparison. Although the M300 platform is an amazing setup... And all 3 payloads are very nice.
Yea I agree with you on this. For them to abandon one of the lenses seems odd. All of them have the same mount so I guess we shall see when the P1 is released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa