Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X7

The I2 case makes a great flat elevated take-off/landing place

Not if it is in RTH, the I2 is no where near as precise as the Mavic Pro in RTH mode. Not much room for landing on the case in a high wind conditions, I would use a helipad. But for those who have not considered it here is what I am referring to -

View at 3:20 minutes into the video for a demonstration of the ground clearance issue.

Please don’t cut and paste a huge article about something we all saw on dji’s web site!

The post has no value! We get it. We saw it already!
If you want to add a comment, by all means do so, but please don’t just cut and paste!
Thank you !

I didn’t cut and past. I actually made the post.. I can also post what I see fit. You do realize I work for DJI and post these things on new releases?

Too funny, don’t you know who he is man [emoji12].

Devin has shown during his Beta testing of this unit that there is precious little ground clearance from the bottom of this camera to any uneven terrain and or heaven forbid a rock!

Anyone looking at designing a set of "high heels" for the I2 that would provide extra clearance and stay out of camera view?

I will see if I can knock something up this week and post the stl.

Reactions: Advexure
Please don’t cut and paste a huge article about something we all saw on dji’s web site!

The post has no value! We get it. We saw it already!
If you want to add a comment, by all means do so, but please don’t just cut and paste!
Thank you !

I near fell out:)
Lmfao

After having long experience with the Inspire 1 x3, at the end we have now the tools we were waiting for.
The only thing I would like to see are tests of the DL-lenses. Not too soft ?
As with the DL-mount you are married with the DJI-lenses, is a real risk as with all marriages.

Reactions: Paul Nordin
I am a relatively new Inspire 2 / x7 / Cendence owner, and have a few questions.
First, in setting up the controls, I don't seem to be able to set the left and right levers (numbers 19 and 20 in the manual). While in Go4 they show white (not greyed out) but don't seem to be selectable. I would like to use them to adjust gimbal roll when in single operator mode. Is this possible, or is there any other way to do this, other than through the app?
Second, I am not able to manually focus with the knob and my 16 mm lens. My 35 works fine. I have contacted DJI, but they don't seem to be able to understand what I am saying....
Thank you, am loving the aircraft. Love the tonal range.

First, in setting up the controls, I don't seem to be able to set the left and right levers (numbers 19 and 20 in the manual). While in Go4 they show white (not greyed out) but don't seem to be selectable. I would like to use them to adjust gimbal roll when in single operator mode. Is this possible, or is there any other way to do this, other than through the app?

At this point, the trim levers on the sides are semi-functional. I have had success in using them to limit pitch and create a pseudo-varialble tripod mode. But that's about all so far.

Second, I am not able to manually focus with the knob and my 16 mm lens. My 35 works fine.

1. Make sure you are in MF (manual focus) mode. The focus knob is inactive in AF (auto focus) mode.
2. Make sure you calibrate the lens (each lens) and then the focus knob should work. I have had to occasionally re-calibrate one or several of my lenses to get them to respond to the focus knob.
3. Try to reset the key assignments on the Cendence...sometimes it gets confused. I do that by changing the function of one button, saving it, and then setting it back and saving again.
4. The 16mm is very wide and has a pretty deep depth of field, so sometimes you may thing the focus knob is not working, but its just that everything in the frame is within your depth of field.

I have contacted DJI, but they don't seem to be able to understand what I am saying....
Thank you, am loving the aircraft. Love the tonal range.

Welcome to the club on both counts! ;)

Reactions: vfrailing
I didn’t realize. Sorry.
Also, is the CINESSD a separate purchase or does it come with the Inspire 2 or x7?

Just about everything from DJI is a separate purchase...including the CineSSD cards, CineSSD Card Reader, and CinemaDNG/ProRes License to use the CineSSD cards.

Also bear in mind, the purchase price for the CinemaDNG/ProRes Licenses ($1300) is only for 1-year. The licenses expire 12 months after you activate them, and then you will have to pay another $1300 for another 12 months.

Just about everything from DJI is a separate purchase...including the CineSSD cards, CineSSD Card Reader, and CinemaDNG/ProRes License to use the CineSSD cards.

Also bear in mind, the purchase price for the CinemaDNG/ProRes Licenses ($1300) is only for 1-year. The licenses expire 12 months after you activate them, and then you will have to pay another $1300 for another 12 months.

The license has no expiration date. Check this link: Inspire 2 License Key —DJI

"An Inspire 2 Activation Key of RAW & Apple ProRes activates the usage permission of CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes inside CineCore 2.0. There are many standards of CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes Activation Keys available for purchase. The purchase of an activation key unlocks a license permanently. No re-purchase or subscription required."

At this point, the trim levers on the sides are semi-functional. I have had success in using them to limit pitch and create a pseudo-varialble tripod mode. But that's about all so far.

1. Make sure you are in MF (manual focus) mode. The focus knob is inactive in AF (auto focus) mode.
2. Make sure you calibrate the lens (each lens) and then the focus knob should work. I have had to occasionally re-calibrate one or several of my lenses to get them to respond to the focus knob.
3. Try to reset the key assignments on the Cendence...sometimes it gets confused. I do that by changing the function of one button, saving it, and then setting it back and saving again.
4. The 16mm is very wide and has a pretty deep depth of field, so sometimes you may thing the focus knob is not working, but its just that everything in the frame is within your depth of field.

Welcome to the club on both counts! ;)
Thanks, Paul. Will try to calibrate again. I know that the dof is quite deep with the 16, but I have done some pretty extensive testing with focus peaking on high, and it really doesn't respond. But with the DOF, auto probably is just fine anyway.
By the way, thanks for your tests of these lenses. Very helpful.

If anyone is interested, I created a cheat sheet for mapping your Cendence controls. Took the diagrams from the manual, and shopped them together onto one page. Then, because I get confused easily, I reversed the bottom image left for right, so that the controls are in the right place if you are holding it and using it with the top up. As if the controller was transparent. Then, label and draw your own arrows for how you set up your buttons...
(I hope I have not violated copyright)
Cendence Mapping Chart.jpg

If anyone is interested, I created a cheat sheet for mapping your Cendence controls. Took the diagrams from the manual, and shopped them together onto one page. Then, because I get confused easily, I reversed the bottom image left for right, so that the controls are in the right place if you are holding it and using it with the top up. As if the controller was transparent. Then, label and draw your own arrows for how you set up your buttons...
(I hope I have not violated copyright)
View attachment 18100

That is awesome! Nice job and thanks for sharing. Safe flying, all.

I am using a paper punch to punch out circles from a sheet of adhesive labels (Avery), and a fine sharpie. The circles are a perfect size. Going out into the field tomorrow for 5 shoots, will let you know if they stay on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen