Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XOAR props

the next question would be a comparison of the prop balance out of the box.
Question if anyone knows... I haven't dug deep into the connections on the Inspire yet, but is there a quick method to disconnect power from 3 of the 4 motors? Without major disassembly to allow working through each motor.

To perform a dynamic balance of Motor, then Prop & Motor only 1 motor can be active to isolate the vibrations. It's a timely process, but the results "IF" the motors were and typically out of balance, along with props... that would effect the in-flight vibrations & video. Not something to regularly perform but curious and worth a check on the Inspire. Plus, once motors are dynamically balanced they tend to remain in balance.

Question if anyone knows... I haven't dug deep into the connections on the Inspire yet, but is there a quick method to disconnect power from 3 of the 4 motors? Without major disassembly to allow working through each motor.

To perform a dynamic balance of Motor, then Prop & Motor only 1 motor can be active to isolate the vibrations. It's a timely process, but the results "IF" the motors were and typically out of balance, along with props... that would effect the in-flight vibrations & video. Not something to regularly perform but curious and worth a check on the Inspire. Plus, once motors are dynamically balanced they tend to remain in balance.
only way would be to unscrew the landing gear foot and unplug the motors. unfortunately they get power from the main power board and then its split within the arm to go forward and back

Very nice write up.
Your testing and input has been great too... combined effort.

I'm looking forward to the warm weather, anxious to see how they compare with some actual measurements: acceleration, G force / attitude / time, Db, etc.

best i would say is just run all 4 motors but with only one prop mounted then work around doing that way
You'd be chasing your tail, dynamic is mounting accelerometer for vibration... applying tape to motor to balance. If picking up vibrations from all 4 motors couldn't isolate to 1 motor. But, not sure it's worth a tear down of each foot. Would basically want to balance each motor prior to installing.

best i would say is just run all 4 motors but with only one prop mounted then work around doing that way
I haven't played with it yet, but the software to examine the programming (forget the name at moment), does that have the ability to logically issue a disconnect on motors?

I haven't played with it yet, but the software to examine the programming (forget the name at moment), does that have the ability to logically issue a disconnect on motors?
im not sure im just going off how the wires are ran. ive torn into a few to repair and replace. you might be able to drop the foot and just unplug the ESC? again not sure but only way i can think requires taking stuff apart.

the ESC plug into the Ncore but again is one main plug in the Ncore per side then within the arm it splits forward and back

Here's a scenario... Is it possible to use the folding props with the adapters? This would give you the ability to switch between fixed props and folding props or the ability to replace a prop with a backup prop if there's a blade strike.

Here's a scenario... Is it possible to use the folding props with the adapters? This would give you the ability to switch between fixed props and folding props or the ability to replace a prop with a backup prop if there's a blade strike.
Randy, exactly... I was planning to test that myself. I see no reason or restriction why mounting the folding props on the QD hubs would cause any problems. Some feel it's useless or unnecessary, but functionality would make no difference.

In my personal opinion the QD's on the Fixed props works great. But if I used the folding for some purpose, I'd mount them on the QD's too. My advantage of the folding is more toward the flying environment and less for portability. I might consider the folding if flying in a environment that might introduce prop strikes. Exp: flying a river bed, near various branches & brush. If struck with a fixed, it may break (more so with DJI props) and down the craft... possibly in water. If foldable props strike, it may damage the prop tip, cause a motor imbalance but may allow the craft to be landed where you can retrieve. Flying under bridges for inspection, flying near suspended lines... several areas where you can have a mild prop strike. My Inspire touched a very small branch, probably 5-8mm thick... snapped the DJI prop and down she came. On my Mavic, I tested the same branch... heard the prop strike, but was able to land nicely. I'd rather purchase another pair of props than repair a Bird.

Last edited:
Just received my folding props today and it appears they don't fit. This is the Inspire 1 Pro Black. Does anyone have a suggestion?20180416_205221.jpg

my v2 motors look identical, to his above post #53 and they are 3510H. yours have some kinda of adapter on them?
Mine as well as all other model 601 I1v2 3510H motors look the same, there is plate on top but it’s the same as all 3510H motors that I’ve seen. Yours is a converted I1v1 to v2, or is this a different bird 601 stock?

Mine as well as all other model 601 I1v2 3510H motors look the same, there is plate on top but it’s the same as all 3510H motors that I’ve seen. Yours is a converted I1v1 to v2, or is this a different bird 601 stock?
I just took a closer look to verify... the 3510H doesn’t have a extra plate, that’s actually part of the plastic motor shroud cover... 1 piece and it’s stamped 3510H. To my understanding, thst was one of the key ways to identify a V2, by the motor shrouds shape & 3510H stamping.

my v2 motors look identical, to his above post #53 and they are 3510H. yours have some kinda of adapter on them?
No adapters. This bird is 2 years old and stock. It came with the latest prop mounts. To my knowledge, the I1v2 Pro Black only came with one type of motors and mounts. I purchased these from Amazon and after looking at how many aircraft version these would fit I figured there would be no chance it wouldn't fit. Murphy..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide