Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XOAR props

I just took a closer look to verify... the 3510H doesn’t have a extra plate, that’s actually part of the plastic motor shroud cover... 1 piece and it’s stamped 3510H. To my understanding, thst was one of the key ways to identify a V2, by the motor shrouds shape & 3510H stamping.
actually the plate you have on top is a part of the 1345LS locking system. the 2nd variant for the 1345T props

ignore the red thing, but this the only pic i have at the moment i dont have my bird. but it is a stock T601 V2 black edition with the 1345T 1st variant prop lock so no plate like yours. but you clearly can see the 3510H

30739357_2041877279173816_1837455720115601408_n.png

actually the plate you have on top is a part of the 1345LS locking system. the 2nd variant for the 1345T props

I stand corrected, just disasmbleled Mount... the plate is screwed on top. It’s a very nice fit, until unscrewed looks one piece. So we’ve uncovered a I1v2 generation issue, needs the 2nd gen prop lock version... or a similar thickness plate.

Not that it makes any difference to the frustration of the non-fit of Xoar props, but wasn’t the 1st gen quickly replaced due to release issues? Didn’t DJI offer a free 2nd gen replacement due to 1st gen having release issues? I thought I recall a safety campaign.

The 2nd gen added the underside lock that required the plate and the 3rd gen added the underside lock and the metal side release tabs. Actually that must have become part of the motor, or DJI assumed all V2’s updated, because the 3rd Gen updated Locks don’t have that plate, they assume it’s already present on the motor. So if you purchase Gen 3, you won’t get the plates to lock underside hooks of Gen 3.

Not that it makes any difference to the frustration of the non-fit of Xoar props, but wasn’t the 1st gen quickly replaced due to release issues? Didn’t DJI offer a free 2nd gen replacement due to 1st gen having release issues? I thought I recall a safety campaign.

The 2nd gen added the underside lock that required the plate and the 3rd gen added the underside lock and the metal side release tabs. Actually that must have become part of the motor, or DJI assumed all V2’s updated, because the 3rd Gen updated Locks don’t have that plate, they assume it’s already present on the motor. So if you purchase Gen 3, you won’t get the plates to lock underside hooks of Gen 3.
ive only seen part 69 the 1st gen and part 99 the 2nd gen never heard of a 3rd gen. nor seen the 3150H motors come any differently than whats on my bird

I stand corrected, just disasmbleled Mount... the plate is screwed on top. It’s a very nice fit, until unscrewed looks one piece. So we’ve uncovered a I1v2 generation issue, needs the 2nd gen prop lock version... or a similar thickness plate.
Here's a set of pics with and without the prop locks. Based on the advertisement these should fit. As I said before this is a stock bird straight from DJI 2 years ago. Beats the heck out of me. 20180416_221755.jpg

Attachments

• 20180416_221825.jpg
    20180416_221825.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 11
Here's a set of pics with and without the prop locks. Based on the advertisement these should fit. As I said before this is a stock bird straight from DJI 2 years ago. Beats the heck out of me. View attachment 19681
my guess is the designer at XOAR had the V2 with the newest style prop locks that have the plate added to the top like seen earlier in the thread

so it seems the 1345LS prop lock installation will need to be purchased to make them fit, as you need the plate from the kit
I’d agree... or if there is a spacer plate of exact size as 1345LS lock plate.

Just looked at the the Quick Release Hubs, they may provide the clearance too.

If you look at Post #5, ChipDji has the fixed Xoar mounted direct with QD Hubs.

so it seems the 1345LS prop lock installation will need to be purchased to make them fit, as you need the plate from the kit
Looks like there's a return on the horizon. I believe you may be correct but there is nowhere I have seen talking about any adapters needed. I looked at Xoar's sight and they don't mention any adapters being required. Thanks for your input.

For a better view... CK my post #23 photos of Quick Release Hub... thst would also work direct on motor & Xoar props.
Xoar Props
If you didn’t want QD, you could use and simply lock them down with Locktite Red. But I’d personally take advantage of the QD Hubs.

The Gen3 locks would be lowest cost method to obtain a working solution.

Just received my folding props today and it appears they don't fit. This is the Inspire 1 Pro Black. Does anyone have a suggestion?View attachment 19674
Thanks for the post, I have communicated with the Company Rep on the issue of fitting the I1v2.
They have pulled the product and will correct then restock.

I indicated that the Inspire Fourm discovered if the Inspire had the most current Prop disconnect, version 1345LS the included mount plate allowed proper mount & clearances. Indicated that we would suggest a spacer plate that was equal in width as the 1345LS base plate. I also indicated their Quick Disconnects would also allow proper mount & clearances.

Thanks for the post, I have communicated with the Company Rep on the issue of fitting the I1v2.
They have pulled the product and will correct then restock.

I indicated that the Inspire Fourm discovered if the Inspire had the most current Prop disconnect, version 1345LS the included mount plate allowed proper mount & clearances. Indicated that we would suggest a spacer plate that was equal in width as the 1345LS base plate. I also indicated their Quick Disconnects would also allow proper mount & clearances.
or just remake the top portion to allow the stock thread post to stick out. instead of being solid bar

or just remake the top portion to allow the stock thread post to stick out. instead of being solid bar
That would work too... although I think the bottom mount's shaft hole would need to be increased as well to fit the wider section shaft. Both methods would work; personally I think the spacer provides a cleaner appearance.

Reactions: TruGreen
Update, communicated with Xoar Rep. Sounds like they are going to make a new hub to work with the various I1 motors.

That would work too... although I think the bottom mount's shaft hole would need to be increased as well to fit the wider section shaft. Both methods would work; personally I think the spacer provides a cleaner appearance.
Yes, the top part of the hub needs to be made wider so the prop shaft can go through the hole BUT the bottom will need to be reworked also. The bolt hole on the motor side of the hub has a shoulder. I suspect they did this in order to add another thread for the prop bolts to grab. The way it is now it will not work with my version because half of the "shoulder" is sitting on the edge of the motor. This will cause the bottom plate to "bow" downward when the two mounting screws are tightened. Refer to my post #53. The fix in my option is to simply make the entire bottom plate thicker and make it flat all the way across the face of the motor. If they keep the same design then they would need to make the hud wider so it would fit the older motor mounting plate like mine. Of course, this would cause a problem because it would move the bolt holes out further which would cause the overall width of the props to increase and could cause clearance issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz