Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT Newbie - Lens Bubble Missing?

Reaction score
Website
twomile.com
Hi, I purchased a used XT this summer (Performance Model V2, non-radiometric, 30Hz, 336 resolution, 6.8mm lens). Works great, but one thing has been nagging me... every photo of every XT I've seen shows a "bubble" over the lens and mine doesn't have it. Am I missing a part?

Attachments

• image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 13
  • xt.png
    xt.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 11
Just a guess, it may be the lense... yours is a 6.8mm and most tend to be 13 or 19mm.
Mine is Ver1 recently upgraded last year to Version 2: 640 Full Radiometric 19mm and it does have the round ft... but I was assuming either lens or lens thermal filter. There doesn't appear to be any tang slots to "unscrew", although there are internal threads probably to initially calibrate the lens.

If it works as expected, I'd assume the ft is not a heat range filter (as other brands can change if desired).

That means it's either a lens ft glass element or some type of protective clear cover.

If you don't get a explanation, I'd just send DJI service a quick support question... you can start process to create a ticket, during that process, it prompts to email or chat to resolve quickly... you could then ask directly.

Curious as to your findings?

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Meant to ask, did you get the little rubber lens cap too. That provides protection and dust prevention when off platform?

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Meant to ask, did you get the little rubber lens cap too. That provides protection and dust prevention when off platform?
I didn't receive that rubber cap but that's a good idea - I think I could come up with a decent replacement. Thank you for the tips & comparison info on your setup. I will submit a support request to DJI and follow up with my findings.

> Just a guess, it may be the lense... yours is a 6.8mm and most tend to be 13 or 19mm.

This is accurate, per DJI support. Since mine is a 6.8mm it does not come with the "bubble".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk