Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X3 Transmission Signal

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can highlight the piece of hardware that might be causing this issue. My X3 camera on Inspire 1 will not transmit an image signal to my device. I can take photos and video, I have full control over the gimbal but I can not see the live feed.

I am fortunate enough to have more than one Inspire so that has enabled me to test every other piece of equipment and it is definitely the camera. The firmware for the camera ends in .40 which I believe is the most up to date. My other X 3 cameras have the same firmware and work fine.

Im presuming this is more than likely a hardware issue but I'm trying to identify what piece of hardware inside the X3 (which board) I need to swap to see if it works. I can swap parts around to double check that it is definitely that part / cable. Any help would be really appreciated...

I have tried lots of different combinations of tablets/ leads / cameras/ Inspires / controllers etc so I'm fairly confident that it is hardware...

Many thanks

From my experience there is not much you can do with it. I have been down this road. If you were to switch camera heads you will get video feed however the gimbal will be erratic. The gimbal calibrations are stored in the head and set at the factory. It is almost impossible to calibrate on your own. I did this one time and it took me a week of adjusting the magnets on each motor until I got it right. I would sell that camera on eBay and buy a new one or a good used one. Used they go for about $300usd.

I'm not one to pop the hood too often, but I thought a saw a thread not too long ago speaking about similar issues. Strong single from back to the controller, but video cut in an out. Believe person replaced gimbal bracket and ribbon cables and it fixed the issue.

I'm not one to pop the hood too often, but I thought a saw a thread not too long ago speaking about similar issues. Strong single from back to the controller, but video cut in an out. Believe person replaced gimbal bracket and ribbon cables and it fixed the issue.
Thanks for that but it relates to the cable on the craft not on the X3. It's the X3 that there is an issue with. But thanks for trying

From my experience there is not much you can do with it. I have been down this road. If you were to switch camera heads you will get video feed however the gimbal will be erratic. The gimbal calibrations are stored in the head and set at the factory. It is almost impossible to calibrate on your own. I did this one time and it took me a week of adjusting the magnets on each motor until I got it right. I would sell that camera on eBay and buy a new one or a good used one. Used they go for about $300usd.
Many thanks. I suspect that is what I will end up doing but thought I'd put the question out there... Thank you

Many thanks. I suspect that is what I will end up doing but thought I'd put the question out there... Thank you
See my post #8 here.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide