Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zennmuse x5 vs x3

I do not think people/DJI will lose much sleep over the BM offering.
No 4k.
Only composite video out.
Fixed resolution.
No global shutter above 30fps.
300g without battery OR lens.
No way of interfacing into the Inspire Lightbridge system.
No way of mounting it onto the Inspire without third party gimbal, a dremmel, and some Frankenstein work.
External battery.

Can we dream!
Or do you know something you'd like to share about another 3rd party camera? I'm starting to feel like you might know something...:cool:

Having said all of that though - it will no doubt give far superior images than the X5 but certainly not from the Inspire platform.

lol. I guess only time will tell. But yeah the Micro Cinema Camera on the Inspire would be a dream.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Was the X5 footage done on the DJI 15mm? I would say it is difficult to tell with that level of panning..

My condolences!

Airwolf, every forum has people like you, basically you can't afford the latest stuff (or are happy with a certain standard), and go around trying to slate the newest one to feel better about what you got.

You told us all you did tests, but you posted none of those tests so we could see your level of expertise and the results, a lot of the people posting X5 videos are not good enough to get the most out of it, you only have to see some videos from a few people to see in the right hands, its better.

The bottom line is, this is an image related business, if you're too complacent or too poor to accept that better is better, then that's fine, but stop trying to rip into people with a better attitude towards their work. Cos I'll just come back over you and say my shits better than yours.

I'm not rich, but I got the X5 because even if it gave me a 10% boost, to me its worth it. I know for a fact the X5 will give me an edge over every other X3 owner.
Yes it costs me.
Yes its not as big as I would like.

But its still better and will be noticeable, especially when I start using it in lower light conditions to get shots I would not even bothered trying to get with the X3.

You know you want the X5 really, you're just trying to tell yourself and others you don't so you can escape that nigging feeling.

Superior optics, megapixels, sensor size, cleaner video, better 3d models, better for marketing purposes, if you still choose to rubbish those inconvenient truths then that's your choice.

And someone with an S900/GH$ can PROBABLY say the same towards X5 owners.
And someone with an S900, and GH4R can PROBABLY say the same towards them.
And someone with.......

My point is, this is an evolutionary business, Some people buy iphoneS models, others only buy the source models. This is no doubt an S model, but its still better :)

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishSights
Hi,

Can you show us some of the productions you have worked on?

Personally I'm holding out for the X5R because almost every gig I shoot now uses a Red or Alexa.

Cheers

My question is will the x5 ever be in hand held mode like the osmo. I just got my osmo, x3 and I like it. Audio usually is no good so that doesn't bother me. I will test out the rode video micro. I googled it and I like the setup. I would like to know if it's worth it to get the x5 for hand held. I use it on vacation. That's all. I'm not flying. I have too many other expensive hobbies, although it is cool. There is no room around here anyway.

Hey guys,
Dave from Australia here, I have an Inspire 1 retro-fitted with the anti-vibration board, leg extensions and the X5 camera and to be completely honest I am not hugely impressed. My first flights for testing trialling the X5 vs X3 made me wonder why I spent the money. I am hoping its just like going from a point and shoot to a digital SLR camera and its about practise and settings. VIDEO HERE https://youtu.be/aNQZVTUcPpQ

Last edited:
I haven't thought what if I bought X3 instead of my current X5. Once you get it, you will probably forget about X3.

Hey guys,
Dave from Australia here, I have an Inspire 1 retro-fitted with the anti-vibration board, leg extensions and the X5 camera and to be completely honest I am not hugely impressed. My first flights for testing trialling the X5 vs X3 made me wonder why I spent the money. I am hoping its just like going from a point and shoot to a digital SLR camera and its about practise and settings. VIDEO HERE https://youtu.be/aNQZVTUcPpQ

Awesome shots Dave, it looks so warm there :)

The X5 is an a amazing piece of hardware, it's the software that bottlenecks the capabilities of this camera.

My guess is they did this on purpose to increase sales on the upcoming X5R.

Awesome shots Dave, it looks so warm there :)

The X5 is an a amazing piece of hardware, it's the software that bottlenecks the capabilities of this camera.

My guess is they did this on purpose to increase sales on the upcoming X5R.

I disagree, the 60 MBPS bit-rate is flat out poor and the main chip is the same from go pro and x3 cameras so they are limited by that and probably could not get it this year and wanted to release something and use people as beta testers.
I think 2016 is going to be BAD year for DJI unless they really pull something out of the hat with the firmware.

The X5R is too much.
The X5 is not enough improvement for a lot more money and its being rubbished on most forums thanks to firmware, yaw problems and generally being overpriced with no obvious improvement for the main function people use it for. Taking video in good light.

And the hero 5 is coming out and I'm sure there will be at least one other viable low cost rival this year, the X5 will probably only be what is should have been this time next year via another £1500-£2000 and H1 chip (same as go pro 5), by then DJI might have lost a LOT of customers with a lot of vitriol roaming around the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burlingtonfilms
I disagree, the 60 MBPS bitrate is flat out poor and the main chip is the same from go pro and x3 cameras so they are limited by that and probably could not get it this year and wanted to release something and use people as beta testers.
I think 2016 is going to be BAD year for DJI unless they really pull something out of the hat with the firmware.

The X5R is too much.

The X5 is not enough improvement for a lot more money and its being rubbished on most forums thanks to firmware, yaw problems and generally being overpriced with no obvious improvement for the main function people use it for. Taking video.

And the hero 5 is coming out and I'm sure there will be at least one other viable low cost rival this year, the X5 will probably only be what is should have been this time next year, by then DJI might have lost a LOT of customers.

I have to agree...they only needed to come out with one camera with ProRes - 422 @150mbps and a 4K mp4 codec at around 200 mbps. ...we don't need a RAW recorder on a MFT camera on a small quad....leave that for the larger platforms.

I have to agree...they only needed to come out with one camera with ProRes - 422 @150mbps and a 4K mp4 codec at around 200 mbps. ...we don't need a RAW recorder on a MFT camera on a small quad....leave that for the larger platforms.

Agreed. But I can't wait to see the IQ from the X5R.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08