Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

I had 15" on my inspire 1 never had any problems. As far as the quick release I'd much rather do that then pulling screws out ever time you take in an outside the case

15" on I1?
how much clearance was there between the prop and plastic nose piece, zero?

Why in the world, (given the choice this time), would you go back to self tightening/spin on props? (because of the "time" it takes to install 8 screws??) That's nutz and misinformation!

You clearly have no idea how long it takes to screw in the 8 little screws, so I'll tell you.
It takes less than 10 seconds to leisurely screw in 2 screws. (more like 6)
Times four motors, you are at 40 seconds total.
If you are really old and slow, and you were give an additional 20 seconds, now you have 1 whole minute.
Taking 1 additional minute to "securely" fix the props to the motor is NOT time consuming, and in NO WAY should be used as an excuse or deterrent from using bolt on adaptors.

You're gonna be flying in the wind some day, and when you come to an abrupt stop, one of them props are bound to spin off. It's not a matter of "if" it'll happen, it's a matter of "when" it's gonna happen. I absolutely could not sleep at night knowing that I have spin on props with no locks on my expensive I2.

Lastly, it is human nature, (no matter what he subject), to knock the other options.
It's a knee-jerk reaction to "justify" your choice to others.
Just please don't choose spin-offs because it takes "too much time" to screw in 8 screws, (because it does not)
Just my 2 cents, not trying to ruffle your feathers buddy :)

Reactions: EDDSkitz

15" on I1?
how much clearance was there between the prop and plastic nose piece, zero?

Why in the world, (given the choice this time), would you go back to self tightening/spin on props? (because of the "time" it takes to install 8 screws??) That's nutz and misinformation!

You clearly have no idea how long it takes to screw in the 8 little screws, so I'll tell you.
It takes less than 10 seconds to leisurely screw in 2 screws. (more like 6)
Times four motors, you are at 40 seconds total.
If you are really old and slow, and you were give an additional 20 seconds, now you have 1 whole minute.
Taking 1 additional minute to "securely" fix the props to the motor is NOT time consuming, and in NO WAY should be used as an excuse or deterrent from using bolt on adaptors.

You're gonna be flying in the wind some day, and when you come to an abrupt stop, one of them props are bound to spin off. It's not a matter of "if" it'll happen, it's a matter of "when" it's gonna happen. I absolutely could not sleep at night knowing that I have spin on props with no locks on my expensive I2.

Lastly, it is human nature, (no matter what he subject), to knock the other options.
It's a knee-jerk reaction to "justify" your choice to others.
Just please don't choose spin-offs because it takes "too much time" to screw in 8 screws, (because it does not)
Just my 2 cents, not trying to ruffle your feathers buddy :)

Hello, I guess you could always modify the spin on part of the prop hub so that it wouldn't spin off with heavy breaking. A small threaded hole with an Allen screw that you would tighten down after you spin each prop on. That would eliminate the worry of the prop spinning off.

Hello, I guess you could always modify the spin on part of the prop hub so that it wouldn't spin off with heavy breaking. A small threaded hole with an Allen screw that you would tighten down after you spin each prop on. That would eliminate the worry of the prop spinning off.

Hello, please tell us exactly how to modify.
Where do we drill the hole, and then tap threads into it deep enough for an Allen set screw ??
2017-03-07-17-57-59-jpg.12624

2017-03-07-17-58-35-jpg.12625

You could easily put a small machine screw in the side of those...

No you couldn't, the wall is waaaay to thin - how many threads you gonna get?
let the man answer the question, it was directed at him because he must have an idea, right?

Not ......
It's a dumb solution, and any kind of set screw wouldn't last many times taking it on or off anyways that's IF you can find a place to get at least 5-6 threads. lol

Then I'm gonna ask him why not just use the ones you have that simply fit perfectly, instead of trying to jerry rig a locking system - :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You could easily put a small machine screw in the side of those...

Hello, actually I would drill one on either side so there wouldn't be any balance problems. I don't have any of the hardware at my disposal to really look and give you an exact location. I would pick the middle between top and bottom and drill your holes to a bit less depth than the Allen screw is long so it locks in tight, but still has a bit sticking out which is the part that keeps the outer portion from spinning loose when the motor is breaking. You don't need a very large Allen screw as far as diameter goes, as the shear force on it is not that great. You would need 2 Allen screws for each motor for a total 8. With this setup the props can be removed without the fear of them spinning off while flying. If you have any questions, please ask.

Let me clarify, the Allen screw will thread into the piece that is attached to the prop, it will stick out through the side wall of the piece it screws into, that will keep it from spinning off. See the crude drawing below.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    662.6 KB · Views: 58
Let me clarify, the Allen screw will thread into the piece that is attached to the prop, it will stick out through the side wall of the piece it screws into, that will keep it from spinning off. See the crude drawing below.
Exactly, but then why not just screw the props directly on the motors.

Because I would think that screwing and unscrewing these screws would over time wear out the threads, then you would have to replace the motor, this way if that happened you would only have to replace the hub. And giving it some thought, I think only one Allen screw in each hub would be sufficient. It's so close to the centre that I dot think there would be a balance problem.

Anyway I was just putting forward a solution that would keep the props from spinning off if the drone did some hard breaking. I've always found that if you give a problem enough thought, most anything can be fixed or modified to work in your favour.

Nice, how do you like the tmotor props, nice and smooth?

I've flown tiger motor cf props on my i1 for years now, and now on my I2. Butter smooth super stable. Much better than the clicking stock props for sure. I highly recommend them. I got some of the amazing tech prop adaptors in the mail a few days ago, but I won't try them for awhile. Xoar says their prop adaptors are good for 200 service hours, so it'll be awhile before I change them

. Xoar says their prop adaptors are good for 200 service hours, so it'll be awhile before I change them

Hey, as long as you check your chit regularly, which I'm sure you do, you'll be fine.

I don't rip any option that works for others.
I just hope everyone has the same good luck I have had, and enjoy themselves.
I didn't come here for confrontation and will run from it. Call it weak, but we're really here to help one another out, (at least I am), and apologize if I ruffled anyone's feathers.
We are a brotherhood and should all root for each other always, no matter what :)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

What was happening that the old self-tightening props were spinning off during braking? Was this common? Was this a function of the parts being plastic or of the design itself?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee