Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2 Inspires with two differant issues

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
My first Inspire (bought Jan 2015) has always had issues with flying past 500-600 meters. Once beyond that range the RC signal drops and presents me with a low signal warning.

My second newer Inspire can fly past that range but has another issue.

This newer Inspire has an issue with the video signal dropping during flight. This one had an issue with the camera from the beginning and was replaced by DJI after it just stopped working. Once I got it back with a new camera, it still has issues with dropping its signal during flights. When its on the ground its fine. Once I start flying that's when the issue starts. Ive checked and cleaned the connectors and made sure the Micro SD card is inserted correctly.

At this point Im not sure what to do. Each has their own issues.

Have you tried flying in different locations? Could it be some interference caused by a local source? I would take i to a different location away form all possible signal sources and see if you have the same issues.

Have you tried flying in different locations? Could it be some interference caused by a local source? I would take i to a different location away form all possible signal sources and see if you have the same issues.
I fly all over the place. That last location was in the desert where there is no interference. I have flown the first Inspire there without video loss.

there is an issue with the camera connection and having to adjust the screws slightly to ensure it makes proper connection from camera to gimble pins, maybe your issue if its only happening in flight when its moving around. What happened when you swapped cameras? does the issue follow the camera or the inspire? Lynh Phan’s DJI Inspire 1 Tips: Fixing Intermittent Drop Out of Video Signal

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Once beyond that range the RC signal drops and presents me with a low signal warning
Did you fly throuht it?Got that message once and awhile and I just continue the flight.There has been times that this message appeared 3 times in a row but just go on and message was green.Makes sure your high enough when testing this.No worry when you lose signal because your Inspire will go in RTH and return.Once signal is ok you will have full control again.
It could be the location,but I've been over 2 miles (3200 mtr) and sometimes I got the "no signal " and fly through it and sometimes nothing happens.But make sure you're altitude or failsafe mode is high enough because your Inspire will come back in a straight line.

Did you fly throuht it?Got that message once and awhile and I just continue the flight.There has been times that this message appeared 3 times in a row but just go on and message was green.Makes sure your high enough when testing this.No worry when you lose signal because your Inspire will go in RTH and return.Once signal is ok you will have full control again.
It could be the location,but I've been over 2 miles (3200 mtr) and sometimes I got the "no signal " and fly through it and sometimes nothing happens.But make sure you're altitude or failsafe mode is high enough because your Inspire will come back in a straight line.

Is it truly the RC signal or the video signal this warning refers too? does it say low signal or signal interference? you should be able to fly around 5+ miles with the control signal and will lose video signal long before losing control signal. If its signal interference im pretty sure this refers to video signal and the warning is based on whether or not the controller detects the presence of wifi signals in the area. people report seeing this message more when they are close to wifi routers while flying and everyone ive seen talking about it so far that has flown anyway says there is zero effect on their ability to fly in the area. This error just started popping up after a firmware update and it seems as though they adjusted the value of outside signal detected to trigger it and its very very sensitive when there is no actual interference.

Is it truly the RC signal or the video signal this warning refers too? does it say low signal or signal interference? you should be able to fly around 5+ miles with the control signal and will lose video signal long before losing control signal. If its signal interference im pretty sure this refers to video signal and the warning is based on whether or not the controller detects the presence of wifi signals in the area. people report seeing this message more when they are close to wifi routers while flying and everyone ive seen talking about it so far that has flown anyway says there is zero effect on their ability to fly in the area. This error just started popping up after a firmware update and it seems as though they adjusted the value of outside signal detected to trigger it and its very very sensitive when there is no actual interference.
Strangely enough since last update I didn't see the message anymore.And I've been away almost 2 miles last weekend.I was afraid that DJI makes a kind of limit on this but no.

Have you tried swapping remotes or perhaps using both remotes with one inspire? This way you could rule out remote end problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yea I always used to get video dropout on my rev. c Inspire. It eventually contributed to me losing it when compass interference and video loss happened in conjunction and I had no VLOS as it drifted away.
DJI replaced it with a rev. d and I don't have the problem any more. Well the video does cut out at times but rarely and it always pops right back up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa