Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score

Above is my 2017 drone reel that I produced. Hoping to continue flights and take the next step in 2018! Would love to know what ya'll think so feel free to leave a comment or visit the below link to view the full videos!

Alex Mertz

Thanks and happy flying!

Above is my 2017 drone reel that I produced. Hoping to continue flights and take the next step in 2018! Would love to know what ya'll think so feel free to leave a comment or visit the below link to view the full videos!

Alex Mertz

Thanks and happy flying!
Since this appears to be totally Mavic related and this is an Inspire Forum I would suggest your post would be better suited to the Mavic Communities - Unless you were just after 'click-bait'.

Call me cynical if you like but I'm always suspicious of anyone who joins a forum, doesn't introduce themselves in the Introductions section and the first post is a self promotion with a link to their own YT channel. :cool:

Since this appears to be totally Mavic related and this is an Inspire Forum I would suggest your post would be better suited to the Mavic Communities - Unless you were just after 'click-bait'.

Call me cynical if you like but I'm always suspicious of anyone who joins a forum, doesn't introduce themselves in the Introductions section and the first post is a self promotion with a link to their own YT channel. :cool:

I didn't know I had to introduce myself to everyone. That is very cynical of you. In all reality I've been flying drones for 3 years now and one thing I've learned is the more "experienced" or "professional" pilots fly Inspire. I was hoping to get some insight from people who are better pilots than myself so I can improve and continue to improve. No laws saying I can't do that now is there?

I've followed InspirePilots for a long time now and have been a big contributor to MavicPilots and PhantomPilots for over a year. I created this account just recently because before then I was just observing, again, nothing wrong with that is there?

I'm sure you'll delete this message or flag it and in someway get a strike against me or something because you don't like the real reason I posted it and you already have your own opinion on who I am and what I'm about, but I just thought I'd share to anyone else who happens to view this and hopefully get helpful information. We're all in the drone world together, no reason we can't all get along.

Reactions: dirkclod
I didn't know I had to introduce myself to everyone. That is very cynical of you. In all reality I've been flying drones for 3 years now and one thing I've learned is the more "experienced" or "professional" pilots fly Inspire. I was hoping to get some insight from people who are better pilots than myself so I can improve and continue to improve. No laws saying I can't do that now is there?

I've followed InspirePilots for a long time now and have been a big contributor to MavicPilots and PhantomPilots for over a year. I created this account just recently because before then I was just observing, again, nothing wrong with that is there?

I'm sure you'll delete this message or flag it and in someway get a strike against me or something because you don't like the real reason I posted it and you already have your own opinion on who I am and what I'm about, but I just thought I'd share to anyone else who happens to view this and hopefully get helpful information. We're all in the drone world together, no reason we can't all get along.
And now you've introduced yourself:)Not that hard;)
That's why the Editor is moderator.To ask questions.SO welcome on this forum Alex,Feel free to ask.And remember the Editor is always there;).That's why he is so long moderator and doing a hell of a job.

Reactions: The Editor
By the way i like your video.You've been on some great locations.

Very nice. You get around...!

Were you actually able to bet waivers to fly at night and over people? I ask not to be combative but to be curious. I've tried and always get turned down. If you were successful, I'd like to hear what you did.

Thanks for sharing

You will be hard pressed to find many pilots who are "better than yourself" this was an enjoyable and excellent look-see. Really cool edit at 2:47 - 2:53. Just marvelous and looking forward to your 2018 version!

You will be hard pressed to find many pilots who are "better than yourself" this was an enjoyable and excellent look-see. Really cool edit at 2:47 - 2:53. Just marvelous and looking forward to your 2018 version!

Appreciate the kind words, but I'm always looking to get better whether it's a new flying technique to learn or new editing idea!

Very nice. You get around...!

Were you actually able to bet waivers to fly at night and over people? I ask not to be combative but to be curious. I've tried and always get turned down. If you were successful, I'd like to hear what you did.

Thanks for sharing

Flying over stadiums is perfectly legal as long as it's empty. The law of no flying over stadiums means when that stadium is in use. Some difficulty I ran into their is whether or not the campus will allow you to take off from their campus (some universities are considered private property) which if that was the case I would fly it from off campus with multiple spotters. However, that only happened twice so far, about half of the campuses I've flown at, I've been invited by the University after I reached out to them and we negotiated a deal. Flying over the people and at night (I believe you're referring to the fair footage and city footage) was done with permission from the cities and community. The Nashville video I produced for the city tourism project, but retained the rights to the footage and the fair footage was done through the county which they went through all the legal matters and handled all of that side. From all of my flying experiences I've only had 1 bad experience and it wasn't ever with the law. Most of the time they just want to make sure you're being responsible and aren't careless. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else!

Alex Mertz

Thanks and happy flying!

Well made! You must live in TN or at least spend a lot of time here. I recognized a lot of the locations.

Flying over stadiums is perfectly legal as long as it's empty. The law of no flying over stadiums means when that stadium is in use. Some difficulty I ran into their is whether or not the campus will allow you to take off from their campus (some universities are considered private property) which if that was the case I would fly it from off campus with multiple spotters. However, that only happened twice so far, about half of the campuses I've flown at, I've been invited by the University after I reached out to them and we negotiated a deal. Flying over the people and at night (I believe you're referring to the fair footage and city footage) was done with permission from the cities and community. The Nashville video I produced for the city tourism project, but retained the rights to the footage and the fair footage was done through the county which they went through all the legal matters and handled all of that side. From all of my flying experiences I've only had 1 bad experience and it wasn't ever with the law. Most of the time they just want to make sure you're being responsible and aren't careless. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else!

I think robh2 meant faa waivers for night flights and language used on the application to get the faa to say yay or nay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo