Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3/17 - Firmware 1.7 released

Digital zoom a complete waste of time and look what they have sneaked in using camera stability as an excuse...

So DJI would have you believe that they have put a limit on recording time to 1/2 hour to 'Improve stability"
The truth of the mater is - yet again they have got caught with their pants down (like the 32ch cock up which was transmitting illegally in some countries).
Cameras that record continuously for more than 30 minutes attract a completely different rate (higher) of import duty. I believe governments have now caught up with them and told them they must pay more tax and they have limited the camera recording time to 30 minutes to circumvent this.

Try reading the release notes! Especially the part under 'Notes #2'
sorry for my english
  1. Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update

is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after

connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

sorry for my english
  1. Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update

is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after

Reading.. Not reposting:)

sorry for my english

No worries - yes the version number will only show correctly AFTER connecting DJI Go to the internet after the upgrade.

Digital zoom has always been rubbish,so I can't see the point of this.
But You don't hear me more on this updates since I'm still running 1.2 version and still happy with it.

Digital zoom a complete waste of time and look what they have sneaked in using camera stability as an excuse...

So DJI would have you believe that they have put a limit on recording time to 1/2 hour to 'Improve stability"
The truth of the mater is - yet again they have got with their pants down (like the 32ch cock up which was transmitting illegally in some countries).
Cameras that record continuously for more than 30 minutes attract a completely different rate (higher) of import duty. I believe governments have now caught up with them and told them they must pay more tax and they have limited the camera recording time to 30 minutes to circumvent this.

I can understand how DJI could get into trouble for permitting comm freqs that aren't legal but I am a little puzzled by the 30 minute rule -- what's up with that? Why should a government care if the camera records for 20 minutes or 40 minutes?

Brian

Reactions: slim.slamma
I can understand how DJI could get into trouble for permitting comm freqs that aren't legal but I am a little puzzled by the 30 minute rule -- what's up with that? Why should a government care if the camera records for 20 minutes or 40 minutes?

Brian
Because 'Camcorders' or Video Cameras are taxed at a higher rate than Stills cameras. If a stills camera can only record video for a maximum of 30 minutes it is still classified as a camera. As soon as it goes over 30 mins it becomes a video camera (dual function).
Hey - I don't make the crazy rules it's the cretins in government that do that.:p

Sure wish I knew all the undocumented fixes in FW releases like the olden days in the Beta program. Not even Beta testers get to see that list anymore.

Reactions: The Editor
Have to admit I am not too worried about the 30 minute video max issue as I never have got more than 20 minutes flying with a T48 battery.

Cheers
Birty

Reactions: DennisR and Kilrah
Have to admit I am not too worried about the 30 minute video max issue as I never have got more than 20 minutes flying with a T48 battery.

Cheers
Birty
Totally agree but with longer and longer flight times becoming accessible with the likes of the P4 and beyond some people may like to be able to record for more than 30 minutes in a continuous session (Search and Rescue for example or large area mapping). Or when using the video camera - oops I mean CAMERA on the Stick (Osmo) for a longer recording session.
It's the lies that people will not tollerate and the secrecy of not giving users exactly what has been changed or fixed and why.
This only fuels people's distrust of a company and DJI already have plenty of that in bucketloads!

What.. will the recording time be limited to 30 minutes when using it with the OSMO as well??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop