Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3/17 - Firmware 1.7 released

I loaded the new firmware yesterday and took the first flight everything worked flawlessly. I haven't done any 4K camera work with it yet but I'll probably do some of that today and get back to all of you.
Did you attempt to activate the RTH? No longer working on either the RC or APP. Will now only Land In Place after update.
The zoom is really only a digital crop and works only in video, not in photo.

Did you attempt to activate the RTH? No longer working on either the RC or APP. Will now only Land In Place after update.
The zoom is really only a digital crop and works only in video, not in photo.
Yes the RTH works fine - activate which mode you want in the Go App, you will currently have 'Land' as the option or you have tested it within 20 meters of where you took off!

Has anyone used the new firmware? seems like I'm the first person to see that its out.

Yes I have loaded it... the zoom is nice on osmo and x3... the main issue on ioc and i go to find poi or waypoint etc etc... took me off gaurd... u don't have the drop down anymore. .. i think that sucks...

Digital zoom a complete waste of time and look what they have sneaked in using camera stability as an excuse...

So DJI would have you believe that they have put a limit on recording time to 1/2 hour to 'Improve stability"
The truth of the mater is - yet again they have got with their pants down (like the 32ch cock up which was transmitting illegally in some countries).
Cameras that record continuously for more than 30 minutes attract a completely different rate (higher) of import duty. I believe governments have now caught up with them and told them they must pay more tax and they have limited the camera recording time to 30 minutes to circumvent this.

Just out of curiosity, what difference does it make that the camera records continuously as opposed to 30 minutes to the point that the gov't feels the need to add more tax?

Can someone explain that logic to me?

Digital zoom has always been rubbish,so I can't see the point of this.
But You don't hear me more on this updates since I'm still running 1.2 version and still happy with it.

How did you accomplish that? I was running 1.2 up until a couple of weeks ago and then my batteries wouldn't charge anymore because I had to a battery update (which meant doing the updated firmware)

And of course, you can't go from 1.2 to 1.6, you had to go up one or two updates at a time.

Just out of curiosity, what difference does it make that the camera records continuously as opposed to 30 minutes to the point that the gov't feels the need to add more tax?

Can someone explain that logic to me?
I did, in post #28

How did you accomplish that? I was running 1.2 up until a couple of weeks ago and then my batteries wouldn't charge anymore because I had to a battery update (which meant doing the updated firmware)

And of course, you can't go from 1.2 to 1.6, you had to go up one or two updates at a time.
I have a dedicated tablet for my Inspire and as long as you don't connect to the Internet everything stays as it is.No messages appear on my device.

Ah, for X3 camera. Interesting... Zoom feature is kind of cool, can't really see it working all that well though
The digital zoom is a gimmick! Do not use it!
If you want a tighter image, either move closer with the Inspire, use an X5 with a tighter lens, or, as I do, shoot in 4K and edit in post to get a 1080 HD image.

If you don't let tablet connect to internet and don't download maps of where your going to be flying so I am taking you don't know where your drone is with out seeing it?
Also if your flying you must be flying it very close to you at all times am I right?
In most places you're not allowed to fly your machine where you can't fly it only by looking at it for very good reasons, so yes that means close and in sight. In others you'd mostly rely on the video rather than on the map.

And note that the "map" still works even if there's no actual satellite imagery. You still get the relative location, distances, orientation... and you can still use it to find your downed machine, no absolute need for a background. Yeah it's convenient, but if to someone not not being notified of updates is more important than having that, his choice...

BTW we flew an I1 that didn't get updates for >6 months today, with an internet-connected device, and the "updates required" notification was nothing but that, a notification. Our 4 flights were uneventful.

Reactions: huppe
Hello how do you get your google maps download then? Because I use one just for that too.
Don't feel the need to use the maps.I fly with cameraview and that's it.On sites where I haven't been I make a good examination off the area and use a battery for the rest.
All other functions are ok.
Keep a good sight on my Inspire and use the radarfunctions from the app.

Reactions: The Editor
You have been able to for months! Since v1.4.10 which was released in September last year!
Release notes, release notes? Anybody read release notes?

LOL... remember, it was less than a week ago that I upgraded from 1.2. I haven't had a chance to see any new features.

Reactions: Phatzo
The digital zoom is a gimmick! Do not use it!
If you want a tighter image, either move closer with the Inspire, use an X5 with a tighter lens, or, as I do, shoot in 4K and edit in post to get a 1080 HD image.
I thought the same...but to my amazement, it's not that bad

Reactions: jixxer

Yeah, that's pretty much what E said and I get the idea behind it even if I don't agree with it. And, as I asked before, what becomes of the tax money collected for video recorders? How do they pay out to rights holders or do they pay out to rights holders? If EU governments are anything like the US government they'll collect the money but keep it for themselves -- or at least a goodly portion of it.

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell