Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3rd party battery charger suggestions?

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but I haven't been here for a while and didn't find anything in my searches. In any case...

I'm looking at getting another charger. The original i2 charger is expensive (nearly $200 when you factor in the power supply) and slow as molasses. I've seen a couple off-brand chargers listed on Amazon but would really like to hear from people on this forum with actual experience.

Any suggestions for a solid, reliable charger that might be a better buy than the one from DJI?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I haven't been here for a while and didn't find anything in my searches. In any case...

I'm looking at getting another charger. The original i2 charger is expensive (nearly $200 when you factor in the power supply) and slow as molasses. I've seen a couple off-brand chargers listed on Amazon but would really like to hear from people on this forum with actual experience.

Any suggestions for a solid, reliable charger that might be a better buy than the one from DJI?
None of 3rd party solutions will charge drastically faster. The reason is in "smart" circuitry of the battery itself, which will not allow to accept much bigger charging current, limited to a very conservative level indeed. Not cheap though, only DJI Battery Station is offering controlled quick charge option ... Any 3rd party charger may abuse the TB50 battery on a long run due to the lack of self-diagnosing circuitry involved.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore

I haven’t had it long but this charger was recommended by Florida drone supply and so far it’s been great. Charges three batteries at a time (charges one battery at the same rate as the DJI charging hub) so you can charge three sets of batteries in the time it takes the DJI hub to charge 2 sets. Doesn’t need a power brick so $80 is all inclusive. Could get two for less than a DJI brand one.

Energen Drone Battery Charger for DJI Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Matrice 200, Matrice 600 Battery TB47 TB48 TB50, Intelligent Fast Multi Battery Charging Hub Station (Charge 3 Batteries & 2 USB Ports) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM2PGHB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ba1KFb2RND28T

Last edited:
I haven’t had it long but this charger was recommended by Florida drone supply and so far it’s been great. Charges three batteries at a time (charges one battery at the same rate as the DJI charging hub) so you can charge three sets of batteries in the time it takes the DJI hub to charge 2 sets. Doesn’t need a power brink so $80 is all inclusive. Could get two for less than a DJI brand one.

Which charger is that? Did I miss the link?

Thanks all for your replies. I don't need superfast charging or to charge a ton of batteries at once, I just need something supplemental to the single DJI charger I'm using now and wondering if there's something better than just getting another one of those.

Thanks all for your replies. I don't need superfast charging or to charge a ton of batteries at once, I just need something supplemental to the single DJI charger I'm using now and wondering if there's something better than just getting another one of those.
A second DJI power supply + charging hub will be your best, simple and foolproof solution ...

I haven’t had it long but this charger was recommended by Florida drone supply and so far it’s been great. Charges three batteries at a time (charges one battery at the same rate as the DJI charging hub) so you can charge three sets of batteries in the time it takes the DJI hub to charge 2 sets. Doesn’t need a power brick so $80 is all inclusive. Could get two for less than a DJI brand one.

Energen Drone Battery Charger for DJI Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Matrice 200, Matrice 600 Battery TB47 TB48 TB50, Intelligent Fast Multi Battery Charging Hub Station (Charge 3 Batteries & 2 USB Ports) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM2PGHB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ba1KFb2RND28T

Just a bit confused by "charges one battery at the same rate as the DJI charging hub". Do you mean it charges 3 batteries in the same amount of time it takes to charge 2 batts on the DJI hub?

Do you actually do 3 batts at a time? I ask because I've always charged in pairs and never knew if that mattered or if batts could be charged in any random order so long as they went on the drone in correct pairs.

How long have you been using it? I'm assuming no problems whatsoever or you'd say so and not recommend it.

Thanks!

Just a bit confused by "charges one battery at the same rate as the DJI charging hub"
I just mean they both charge batteries at 90w max per battery so the Energen charger won’t charge one pair of batteries faster than the charging hub. It will charge 3 pairs faster though because it will charge 3 batteries at once instead of just 2.

Like I said I’ve only had it a week or two but it doesn’t get hot or anything. I’ve taken on a couple jobs and because it doesn’t need an additional charging brick it’s smaller than the DJI Hub+charging brick.

Always keep your batteries paired but I don’t think it matters if one battery is charged before the other. I don’t know if the DJI charger somehow balances the voltage of the paired batteries (I’d be shocked if it did) but even if it does you can just cycle your batteries through the chargers.

I really think the hub just recognizes paired batteries so it can charge the pairs together ie you don’t end up with one fully charged “A” battery and one fully charged “B” battery which of course would be worthless. I could be wrong, hopefully somebody knows the answer.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
This is inexpensive and I bought a couple of them on eBay. After buying it I never use the DJI charger anymore.
I have been using the same charger for two years. It's a very good charger. I have 12 batteries and they all work without problems. Sometimes I use the charger for several hours during flights. For example, when broadcasting sports competitions to TV. DJI accumulation devices have their own processors that control the charge cycle. They don't need complicated power supplies.

ikona Zweryfikowane przez społeczność

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian