Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3rd Party Inspire SDK Apps List

Reaction score
I have seen some mention of mapping apps and commercial applications in other threads, but I thought it could be useful to make a comprehensive list of all available third party apps for controlling the Inspire platform. In my opinion, this expanded functionality is one of the most exciting aspects of the Inspire, and I eagerly awaited that capability all year. This list is not intended to cover other useful apps/websites already mentioned in the sticky thread; rather just alternatives to DJI GO. With the exception of the last three, here’s what I have used so far and my thoughts on each:

iOS

Autopilot (well funded by the InspirePilots community!) – as the name suggests, great app for autonomous control of the AC and/or camera/gimbal

FreeSkies CoPilot (iPad only) - handy for planning autonomous or semiautomous filming

Mission Planner (in beta testing for iPad) - autonomous waypoint planning with auto gimbal

Airnest - autonomous waypoint planning by drawing, and poi gimbal control

Drones Made Easy Map Pilot - autonomous mapping platform

Altizure - autonomous mapping platform

DronePan – panoramic photo capture (Android beta available for testing too)

Pix4Dmapper Capture – autonomous mapping control (Inspire beta on iOS and Android)

Litchi
– same as Android version below (currently in iOS beta)

Litchi Magic Leash – not a standalone control, but an accessory to the Litchi app for Android

Android

Litchi – useful app for programming autonomous control (AC & gimbal/camera)

Drone Deploy – autonomous mapping platform

Altizure – same as iOS version

Pix4Dmapper Capture – same as iOS version

UgCS for DJI – another autonomous flight platform (haven’t tested yet; requires a laptop in the field connected to Android device)

DJI Ultimate Flight v3another autonomous flight control (have not used)

Hivemapper (iOS beta coming soon) - obstacle avoidance (future state), interactive POI, flight planning and execution? (currently photos only)

Did I miss any other available options? Feel free to add to this list or expand on the capabilities of each app.

Last edited:
**Added Airnest and updated some descriptions**

**Added Litchi iOS beta**

Last edited:
Those apps are still good options, but the list has not been updated in a while. I think there's one or two more options out there now.

Hi Ascender. Have you tried any or could you recommend any in particular? I have only used the GoApp which is annoying as the Dynamic HP is not Dynamic at all and the waypoints are a joke.

I've tried all of them, though I use some more than others. Are you using iOS or Android (or both)? What's your primary usage? I might be able to make some recommendations based upon that info.

I haven't paid much attention to dynamic hp, but for waypoints I favor Autopilot (iOS only right now) and Litchi. Autopilot has TONS of great features, but the waypoints do not work beyond RC transmission range by design- the AC will RTH if signal is lost. Litchi enables fully autonomous waypoint flight even beyond transmission range.

FPV Camera Mission Planner also seems to be a pretty good option, though I haven't personally used it as much.

Reactions: Droider
Hi Ascender. I am in UK and a comercial operator wanting waypoint flying. Not to keen on the fact the AC will continue on mission EVEN if RC is lost. Don't think I would get that through my permissions some how. I really want auto repeat so the AC will continue the waypoints until I tell it to stop, the RC is lost or the battery is at first level were the AC would ten abort and RTH. That about it! Dynamic home point where the AC knowns where the RC and uses that as the home point automatically would also be helpful for some projects. Thanks for the input. U seen Healthydrones? bloody great resource for AC diagnostics.

Hi Ascender. I am in UK and a comercial operator wanting waypoint flying. Not to keen on the fact the AC will continue on mission EVEN if RC is lost. Don't think I would get that through my permissions some how. I really want auto repeat so the AC will continue the waypoints until I tell it to stop, the RC is lost or the battery is at first level were the AC would ten abort and RTH. That about it! Dynamic home point where the AC knowns where the RC and uses that as the home point automatically would also be helpful for some projects. Thanks for the input. U seen Healthydrones? bloody great resource for AC diagnostics.

Yes, I use and love HealthyDrones. It's also integrated into Autopilot too. Not only does Autopilot support DHP, but it also enables a dynamic point of reference. For example, you could plot a waypoint mission that moves relative to the operator's hangs of location. Imagine follow me mode with orbit or waypoints. It's truly a fanstastic application!

I've noticed some of your peers in the UK don't get too specific on 3rd party apps in their ops manuals. Agreed on the safety aspect of RTH vs LCMC (lost connection mission continuation), though I have successfully tested a waypoint flight in that manner. It was a little nerve wracking but all went exactly as planned.

Last edited:
"I've noticed some of your peers in the UK don't get too specific on 3rd party apps in their ops manuals."
Well I have been at it for 4 years now and cover all bases. What ever I do from start to finish is documented to show the process of putting a product or a technique into a commercial sinario.. but hay thats just me! I let others crack on now its not for me to judge their actions I know I can sleep at night. :)
Does Auto pilot have a loop / continue function?

Does Auto pilot have a loop / continue function

It does. You set a finite number of waypoint repetitions (also known as patrols), a loop, or even manually move the AC forwards or backwards along the predetermined path (joystick mode).

What are you waiting for? Jump in and invest in this app! It's worth every penny or shilling or whatever your favored currency is. :) Autopilot also has a lot of great tutorial videos on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
sorry being gozzy eyed just seen you have answered in the body of the text! Been looking at the bloody screen way to long trying to get my head round which one I want to try first. Litchi is out as it does not have a abort WP on RC lost. Looks like Autopilot will be the one. Big thanks for your help

I think the automation programs that permit continuing the mission even after RC comm is lost should at the very least have a software switch to disable that feature so that it does NOT continue.

Brian

I think the automation programs that permit continuing the mission even after RC comm is lost should at the very least have a software switch to disable that feature so that it does NOT continue.

Brian
Totally agree Brian but oit would appear Litchi and the DJI GoApp do not and Autopilot does yet I have not downloaded this yet but it seems to be the better one as far as I can see it sounds like it also allows repeat which is also an important feature for me.

Brian
We have an expanded discussion explaining our decision about this, and also a list of what is possible with Autopilot vs the standard Waypoint functionality that comes with the SDK / DJI GO. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop