Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help with Cendence Controller w/Inspire 2 - Custom Cendence Settings, changing button commands

Reaction score
Hello fellow I2 pilots, I have a question regarding changing the customizable buttons on the Cendence controller when used in conjunction with the Inspire 2. There are videos on the net that show that the I2's FPV camera can be adjusted when using a combination of buttons (i.e., long pressing C2 and turning either one of the wheels, or dials controls the tilt of the FPV camera). Video showing this functionality can be found here. I have also read this is possible in other articles, and after checking with some of the pilots that posted some of these videos to demo this functionality, I confirmed that I am running the same version of both the GO App (4.3.16) and the Cendence controller firmware is 02.00.0190 that they are using.

I am aware on how to change the customization of the buttons in the menus in the GO app, but what I am not seeing are the same functions as others users have reported as I scroll through the wheel of options when trying to customize the Cendence buttons. For instance, I don't have an option called 'live view expand' or 'FPV gimbal recenter' as pictured in the attached example screenshot. What I have are options that are similar to those, but what I really am missing is that functionality that lets you manually control the tilt of the FPV camera. Currently, manipulating no combinations of buttons, dials, or wheels on the Cendence achieves this, only the snapping of the camera between and back from 45°.

The only options that are available to me currently are, 'Expand FPV' under 'App', and 'FPV Gimbal Recenter/Downward 45°' under 'Gimbal' (as shown in my Cendence controller screenshot). This is the only option I have to move the FPV camera, but I'd love to have the ability to use the wheel to control that FPV camera when I am flying with my operator. Any other tips anyone can share about this, or how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

Attachments

• Example Cendence.jpg
    Example Cendence.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 10
  • My Cendence.jpg
    My Cendence.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Phil DeVore
Hello fellow I2 pilots, I have a question regarding changing the customizable buttons on the Cendence controller when used in conjunction with the Inspire 2. There are videos on the net that show that the I2's FPV camera can be adjusted when using a combination of buttons (i.e., long pressing C2 and turning either one of the wheels, or dials controls the tilt of the FPV camera). Video showing this functionality can be found here. I have also read this is possible in other articles, and after checking with some of the pilots that posted some of these videos to demo this functionality, I confirmed that I am running the same version of both the GO App (4.3.16) and the Cendence controller firmware is 02.00.0190 that they are using.

I am aware on how to change the customization of the buttons in the menus in the GO app, but what I am not seeing are the same functions as others users have reported as I scroll through the wheel of options when trying to customize the Cendence buttons. For instance, I don't have an option called 'live view expand' or 'FPV gimbal recenter' as pictured in the attached example screenshot. What I have are options that are similar to those, but what I really am missing is that functionality that lets you manually control the tilt of the FPV camera. Currently, manipulating no combinations of buttons, dials, or wheels on the Cendence achieves this, only the snapping of the camera between and back from 45°.

The only options that are available to me currently are, 'Expand FPV' under 'App', and 'FPV Gimbal Recenter/Downward 45°' under 'Gimbal' (as shown in my Cendence controller screenshot). This is the only option I have to move the FPV camera, but I'd love to have the ability to use the wheel to control that FPV camera when I am flying with my operator. Any other tips anyone can share about this, or how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!
Holding the C2 button while using the left hand gimbal tilt wheel to control the FPV camera is a built in hard coded function of the remote and not limited to the Cendence remote nor does it need to be enabled in the settings. In fact I just tried it with my Cendence remote and you don’t even need the app to be connected for this to work. The function can be found on page 10 of the manual. D8782F63-8CF1-4075-A8B7-C228233AD5D9.jpeg
Did you remap the gimbal tilt wheel to be on the right handed side of the remote instead of the traditional left hand side? I haven’t tested this but I’m unsure the command is always the left handed tilt wheel or if it would follow the tilt wheel mapped to gimbal tilt.

Are you trying this as a master remote or slave remote? I also wonder if this function could be reserved for the pilot. Not sure haven’t tried it but I’m grasping at straws for why it may not be working for you.

Also I guess just make sure you are holding down C2 while tilting the gimbal. It’s not a “long press” it’s a “hold, while” which is a subtle but important difference.

Hi thanks for your reply. After giving this another shot, and this time, I reset all the customization settings on both the standard and Cendence controllers (I set the Cendence as the master and the standard controller as the secondary for my camera operator). The dual button functionality works now on the Cendence but not on the standard controller, which is fine with me.

Yeah I’m not sure why that wasn’t working and why the options I get in the Cendence customization submenu aren’t the same as others I have seen, but it would appear after resetting everything and starting from scratch seemed to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter