Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

40 MPH Inspire 2??

Reaction score
I was on a job at an airport last week and the I2 refused to lift off even though I had full authorization until I updated the FlySafe Database on the aircraft and the app. Last month the I2 was easily hitting 60 MPH without the X5S, and a little over 50 with the X5S. Now it's barely hitting 40 MPH regardless if the camera is on or off the body. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The app is 4.3.16
The aircraft is 01.02.0300
The remote controller is 01.01.0080
The camera is 01.09.22.22
The RAW module is 01.41.00.166
The Gimbal is 01.01.02.15
The Fly Safe Database for the aircraft and the app is 01.00.01.23and the Basic Fly Safe database is 01.00.01.09

Thank you!

I was on a job at an airport last week and the I2 refused to lift off even though I had full authorization until I updated the FlySafe Database on the aircraft and the app. Last month the I2 was easily hitting 60 MPH without the X5S, and a little over 50 with the X5S. Now it's barely hitting 40 MPH regardless if the camera is on or off the body. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The app is 4.3.16
The Fly Safe Database for the aircraft and the app is 01.00.01.23and the Basic Fly Safe database is 01.00.01.09

Thank you!
Which flight mode? Have you tried to test in ATTI mode?

D

Hey Donnie, I have been flying it in sport mode, and if it weren't raining on us with Ida's leftovers I would take it out right now and throw it into ATTI mode just to see if that's the kick in the pants that it needed. It would be nice if it were that simple, wouldn't it! I'll let you know in a few days though... since I really don't want to start any firmware upgrades at this point. BTW, thanks a million for your Inspire 1 waypoint videos which were a huge help back in the day.

Andre

Which flight mode? Have you tried to test in ATTI mode?

D
So we had a break in the rain, so I put it up in the air with the X5S on in ATTI Mode... ahhh that's more like it. 62.8 MPH. Sport mode just isn't nearly as sporty as it used to be. Thank you Donnie!

Attachments

• IMG_3630.JPG
    IMG_3630.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Donnie Frank
So we had a break in the rain, so I put it up in the air with the X5S on in ATTI Mode... ahhh that's more like it. 62.8 MPH. Sport mode just isn't nearly as sporty as it used to be. Thank you Donnie!
I achieved 65+ with my Inspire 1 in ATTI mode. Of course, I had an 18 mph tail wind. So there's that....<;^)

D

The app is 4.3.16

Thank you!
May not be your preference… but NLD fully supports the Inspire 2 at the most current FW release.
Not only does it eliminate the NFZ issues, I do believe you can restore performance that was slowly removed in both acceleration & max speed over multiple FW versions.

I’ve had it on 2 of my I2’s and no issues in or out of cellular range. You may get a NFZ warning (like old acknowledge warning) but never a block to fly.

Since the I2 is most likely done receiving new FW updates, the NLD is a nice low cost modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: hhung516
May not be your preference… but NLD fully supports the Inspire 2 at the most current FW release.
Not only does it eliminate the NFZ issues, I do believe you can restore performance that was slowly removed in both acceleration & max speed over multiple FW versions.

I’ve had it on 2 of my I2’s and no issues in or out of cellular range. You may get a NFZ warning (like old acknowledge warning) but never a block to fly.

Since the I2 is most likely done receiving new FW updates, the NLD is a nice low cost modifications.
That's good to know. I have their link and will definitely give this some serious consideration. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin