Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

46mm ND Filters for X5S

SMD

Reaction score
Finally had the chance to fly my Inspire 2 today after it was sitting in my house for almost two months. That is one bad-boy no doubt. Today was really a get-to-know the I2 day. Tomorrow I'm going to dig deep and really see what it can do. I was checking out the stock 15mm lens and wonder what brand of ND filters you're using.

I use B+W and Hoya with my other cameras. Never used Firecrest. How do they compare?

I've been looking at the Firecrest online tonight. They seem very good. 50% off doesn't hurt either. Can I simply attach them to the stock 15mm lens? It's my first Inspire so I never had to balance one.

Finally had the chance to fly my Inspire 2 today after it was sitting in my house for almost two months. That is one bad-boy no doubt. Today was really a get-to-know the I2 day. Tomorrow I'm going to dig deep and really see what it can do. I was checking out the stock 15mm lens and wonder what brand of ND filters you're using.
Indeed Firecrest brand is the best, B&W are OK but too heavy, anything else is coloring the image one way or another. Been there, did that ...

Reactions: Lesmess
Indeed Firecrest brand is the best, B&W are OK but too heavy, anything else is coloring the image one way or another. Been there, did that ...
Do the Firecrest need to be balanced on the 15mm or can I just simply attach?

What are your go-to filters? I was thinking about picking up 2 to start. 1.2 and... (not sure yet). Thanks

I have not had to balance my x5s with up to 3 filters and a hood. It is very stable.
Gimbal stability has nothing to do with balancing. Perhaps new gimbal for Inspire 2 is more powerful/ robust than Inspire 1, but on the long run it may struggle too much with off-balanced setup. Make sure that particular camera, lens and filters combination in not powered state behave properly, without pointing down too abruptly.

I have seen no motor overload messages that my x5 did have if it was not balanced, but like I said. I have not seen one issue without balancing on this one. It could be that all my filters are light enough to not matter. My 25mm would shake if it was not balanced on the x5.

I have seen no motor overload messages that my x5 did have if it was not balanced, but like I said. I have not seen one issue without balancing on this one. It could be that all my filters are light enough to not matter. My 25mm would shake if it was not balanced on the x5.
Whoa, my friend! As far as I know motor overload message is related to prop motors, not gimbal motors. It may be fine for some time, however ... It's your call ...

It does pertain to gimbal motors. I have had an x5 go limp in flight when the motors get overloaded.

It was a frightening experience that I don't want anyone to have to experience. I thought it was all over from looking at the screen, but I quickly realized that something was wrong with the camera when I seen it still in the air.

Reactions: Lesmess

I got a set of B+W filters but they all cause the camera to be front heavy. I assume I should try to balance it out by putting weight on the back rather than stress the gimbal motors. Does anyone have suggestions for adding that weight to the back? All i've seen are balancing rings that add more weight to the front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu