4K Monitor

Reaction score
Interested to know what 4K monitor fellow members use to view and edit Inspire 1 footage?
I have just received delivery of a Samsung U28D590DS 4K 28" Ultra HD LED and I'm using it with my Macbook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2014 via HDMI at present.
Awaiting delivery of a Mini display port to display port 1.2 cable as the HDMI cable cant handle as high frame rate as display port 1.2.
Im very happy with colours and clarity via HDMI, but display 1.2 should greatly improve output.
What display do you use to edit video took on bird and do we all use Final Cut Pro?

LED Cinemas?
You not fancy a true 4K monitor to view your epic bird footage?
Cinemas are lovely I also have one, but just can't cut it when you want high frame rate output

I have to confess i do not shot or cut in 4k.
All the TV stations use only 1080p/i so i dont need it.

To confess even more, its the early 2008 Model :/

...realizing its an almost 8 year old model

To confess even more, its the early 2008 Model :/

...realizing its an almost 8 year old model

There still a stunning machine, i love the build quality, its been a fantastic design since the original G5 tower was introduced, thus it being like that for years

I wrote Santa last winter, but *sobbing* i was a bad boy and got nothing, but its on my list of things i need to survive

Not fancy a Retina MacBook, i love mine, PCIe SSD has some speed on it, i have optimised to boot into 10.10 (4 seconds) to working desktop

I do not listen to this evil person.

Reactions: Harry Nicholson
Been looking at a 3rd party PCIe SSD that will cold boot in 3 seconds to working desktop, EPIC it's pricey though

Darth Vader Quote: NOOOOooooooo.......

The (my) Mac Pro is a maxed out Editing Suite which cost quite alot and has to work for its money for as long
as possible.

very nice! very nice! i was going to get a TV but it just can't handle frame rate, thus the purchase of 4K 60 frame rate monitor
thats still an ace setup!!!