Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A backpack that will fit the inspire and LOTS more

Hi Phatzo, I'm very interested in your own designed Backpack too. Are there any pics from the prototype at this time? When will the backpack available and how much? :) you can send me an email if you want; [email protected]
Thanks and Greets from Germany

I was at a camera store this afternoon hoping to to find a well secured backpack. Closest I got was this...

ProTrekker650_Left.jpg

It fits snug but acceptable. Only drama was the price and the overhead room but it was well padded.

right, but heavy and not custom made for the bird your demands. i try to keep it light and the weight it will have at the end is the stuf you put in.
one could also ask why the nd filters are not sent free of charge and why arent they half the price... ok the 249 for an outer bag is a bit much for mee too since it is only a bag basically... nothing special. i sat down with a backpack maker and we thought of everything (i hope) i will have a prototype like i said end of may and will post it here if anyone is interested. it will be "made in hungary" but surley be shipped anywhere... :)
i will call it the phat-bag for inspire1 or just phatspire :D lol...
Hey phatzo!!
How's the back pack coming??
Turbo...

my improvised backpak :p

Attachments

• IMG_20150427_171137552[1].jpg
    IMG_20150427_171137552[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi Outta Control, like to see a post with picts how the I1 fits in, ok snug you said, but anyway..... like to see that solution - seems that the whole thing will be tightened together with the straps with loosening the zipper and collapsing the sides.............

Hi Dave, would you please keep us informed about your experience with that nice backpack, also we are interested in the outside measures. Thanks in advance, Remco
Sure, will do. Might take a while though, it ships from China :)

Hi guys,

little update on the slowly evolving backpack of mine... I managed to exceed the technical limits of my nitter (not sure of the term) but the first proto will be finished soon and then I will have to find a manufacturer who can do the final piece with the embedded material I will need to make it sturdy and rigid. here are some pics of the prototype.
appologies for not updating so long. the process is going on very slow... but you all know how it goes when you look at the carbon fiber case that is in the finish...

attached I put up some pics. sorry for the quality... I made them with my phone...

20150702_215631.jpg
here is the part that will be away from the persons back

20150702_221453.jpg

here is the inside holding up to 8 batteries, an external monitor with its battery, the camera case of the I1, and the two remotes.
on the sides you have the props and other small pouches to put in other stuff.
on the inner side of the back area you have a pouch for a laptop (up to 17") and tablets (two). and there is a double wall with little pouches for SD cards, cleaners, cables, etc

I work like all of you next to these projects so please stay tuned. I will try to make more frequent posts.
cheers
m

Reactions: AndrewH and Manuel
Hello guys, I'm watching this thread also as I will need a solution for carrying my inspire (which finally arrived in my country DHL facility ... after 3 weeks of problems and waiting)

My first mention is : Shouldn't you guys split the parts in 2 bagpacks, I find it more logically if you want two remotes with you than have 2 backpacks because anyway you will not be alone. This only if it helps make the main backpack smaller.

Second thing I think will help anyone carrying a backpack is to have that metal arc and a textile mesh that you can see in the attached picture, I find those backpacks excellent as this prevents you from sweating on your back because the backpack will be a few centimeters away from your back.

Attachments

• Mystic65_Side.jpg
    Mystic65_Side.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 52
I'm looking for something a bit more compact than the case it comes with to carry mine around. I drive a very small car and the case doesn't fit inside lol. I'm thinking about trying out that backpack in the post above this. Would be nice to be able to carry it on my back (short distances obviously, no hiking as I'd be afraid of rubbing the motors on things I walk past/through). Anyone else found any compact solutions?
Still interested in this thread? I finally tried this backpack out and am relatively satisfied. Let me know if you want more details.

We have one that is essentially the same model. It works more or less, but it is not made specifically for the Inspire 1. The inside compartments are just open with no smaller pockets. We cut up some old foam to make some padding for us when we use it. It works well enough, but the one thing I don't like is that the motors of the Inspire are exposed when you are carrying it. If you are walking through a wooded area then you can hit the motors accidentally against a tree or bush and that could damage a motor. To be safer, you would have to devise a way to cap the exposed motors to protect them in transit.

Here are some other options designed for the Inspire:

Inspire 1 Backpack - FastCap - Woodworking Tools

Go Professional Cases Backpack for DJI Inspire 1

If we were to buy one now, we'd probably buy one of these.

Stuart

Thanks, Alexander, for posting this. I'd never heard of the ALICE frame...but found they are on sale at Army Surplus stores in the UK. I've also purchased the clip on shelf unit as I thought it might help stop the case from moving around whilst travelling over rough ground... Couldn't quite see if you'd also incorporated the shelf in your design? Anyway, great idea and thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian