Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A backpack that will fit the inspire and LOTS more

how much would you be willing to pay for a custom made backpack? it will fit everything that the original case can but is more compact and is also rain proof and can be put away in landing mode...
please take into account the planning time, prototype produtcion, material and labor working time... and please don't forget some profit :D
i welcome all proposals. lets see who will be the closest to the final price :)

Right here...

This is a $70 solution for those of you that are cheap like me. It's an ALICE frame with 36" long Velcro straps. It's in there pretty snug!

View attachment 342
View attachment 343
View attachment 344

Right here...

right, but heavy and not custom made for the bird your demands. i try to keep it light and the weight it will have at the end is the stuf you put in.
one could also ask why the nd filters are not sent free of charge and why arent they half the price... ok the 249 for an outer bag is a bit much for mee too since it is only a bag basically... nothing special. i sat down with a backpack maker and we thought of everything (i hope) i will have a prototype like i said end of may and will post it here if anyone is interested. it will be "made in hungary" but surley be shipped anywhere... :)
i will call it the phat-bag for inspire1 or just phatspire :D lol...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
how much would you be willing to pay for a custom made backpack? it will fit everything that the original case can but is more compact and is also rain proof and can be put away in landing mode...
please take into account the planning time, prototype produtcion, material and labor working time... and please don't forget some profit :D

Here ya go again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DragonSky-C...278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fb1fcabe

i am not making a bag for the original case... mine is custom made for the whole system with all components...
cheers
Phatzo i would pay $150 if it really is as you claim.
Im looking forward for it. Good luck
i am not making a bag for the original case... mine is custom made for the whole system with all components...
cheers

Phatzo i would pay $150 if it really is as you claim.
Im looking forward for it. Good luck

as soon as the proto will be finished and nobody minds I will post it here and show it. I really do have work in it since I took the time and effort to sit down and think about how to compact it down and make it durable without the case thinking of motorbike riders or hikers or like me just people who like it practical... I do know if I 150 will do but it will sure be worth it´s money. looking at material and labor cost is the min I will ask for.

if the straps and back padding are good, then it would be fair to pay several hundred dollars for an ok made bag,
if it was well made then a bit more.
may i suggest some MOLLE webbing on the front of the straps so that people can get some pouches to put spare batteries in an easy to get place?

im thinking of getting a MOLLE vest and setting it up for carrying the batteries with me, if i get another fast moving long event to film I will probly go with it

Phatzo, I appreciate your ingenuity and would definetly be interested in seeing what the proto type looks like. Please send me an email at [email protected] when you have a completed design.

Right here...

sorry for the late reply outta control but here you still have a bag in a bag and the case is heavy as hell when you consider to go hiking... I would not strap that on my back and go for a 10km or 5 miles walk or hike... not to mention having that on my back when on a bike... maybe I am to weak but that would be to heavy and clunky for me... that is why I am working on a better solution at the moment. :) :D

Reactions: turbodronepilot
sorry for the late reply outta control but here you still have a bag in a bag and the case is heavy as hell when you consider to go hiking... I would not strap that on my back and go for a 10km or 5 miles walk or hike... not to mention having that on my back when on a bike... maybe I am to weak but that would be to heavy and clunky for me... that is why I am working on a better solution at the moment. :) :D

No worries.

as soon as the proto will be finished and nobody minds I will post it here and show it. I really do have work in it since I took the time and effort to sit down and think about how to compact it down and make it durable without the case thinking of motorbike riders or hikers or like me just people who like it practical... I do know if I 150 will do but it will sure be worth it´s money. looking at material and labor cost is the min I will ask for.

I'm interested for sure. If it's around $200 I think you'll have a winner.

I think this is the most minimalist pack I've seen. Looks like it has been modified to secure the I1. There are loops on the side to hold the arms to help it be secured.

This bag isn't made for the inspire 1 unfortunately. Someone has just been marketing it as such to cash in. Any bag with a strap pocket on the back like this will do the same thing. I have a similar bag as well, and it works, but it's not very protective at all and I avoid using it except when I absolutely need to go low profile to carry my Inspire. I'm afraid of it being damaged. Hopefully a better solution is available soon.

As long as it secures the drone it is an Inspire backpack to me. I don't need any fancy DJI Inspire embroidery nor anything special to "just for" the Inspire. I want it to do a job and that job is make it easy portable and be the lightest carrier and I think this fits the bill. Besides you can always "McGuyver" it to your needs. :)

As long as it secures the drone it is an Inspire backpack to me. I don't need any fancy DJI Inspire embroidery nor anything special to "just for" the Inspire. I want it to do a job and that job is make it easy portable and be the lightest carrier and I think this fits the bill.

That will definitely do the job. Just beware that it could cause your Inspire to be damaged. It offers no protection whatsoever from impact or the elements.

Most skating and snowboarding bags have those because they are meant just for that, to hold skateboards and other sports equipment. While maybe it would work I would never put my $4k equipment in a bag with no padding. All it takes is a slip and fall and you could break it big time. If there was a lightweight, compact bag that could fit all of my equipment, I could see paying $200-$300 quite happily. I am sure you could ask even more and some would take it but you'd decrease your market pretty dramatically after that. This is just comparing other bags and cases on the market.

That will definitely do the job. Just beware that it could cause your Inspire to be damaged. It offers no protection whatsoever from impact or the elements.

Ehh.. nothing like a HDF could help on the back liner plus I'd only use it as a temporary transport.

Not like this case I built based off another member's recommendation.

Just for SnG.

I built and tested it with drone and battery and controller in it. I stood it up, tilted it over and let it drop bottom side up. No damage except from some loose battery slipping off. I modified it and did it again and now they are all protected.

After some modification.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions