Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A few observations and questions

Reaction score
I'm about 6 flights into my Inspire me and I'm addicted to it: But, here is what I've noticed and some basic questions for the group:

1) In Texas it is 90+ degrees outside and I noticed my battery got to 52 C, what is the max temperature that they can get to? From my reading, I found do not charge over 40 C, but, did not find any flight restrictions.

2) At 10% Battery (TB47) the quad was ready to land and in GPS mode it dashed for Home, lowered landing gear and landed.... yes, I depleted the battery to that level flying around my driveway, as I'm comfortable a quad.

3) I finally used GPS mode today, everything else has been Atti, and noticed that the quad makes some almost violent moves... especially slowing down from 57MPH.... which is also the fastest I could get it level. Which, BTW, is pretty freaken awesome to me.....

4) At 1200 feet out, I'm losing video signal..... How does that compare to others?/ I know that the cell tower, which has the local wifi (I live in the sticks) broadcaster on it could be interrupting my signal. I've attached a photo of the cell tower.

5) If you do lose video feed, but have telemetry data are you still flying further? I have not tried this yet, but probably will. As right now, I only fly IFR (I follow roads) until I trust the quad more.

6) I have not updated my compass or IMU since I updated the firmware / bought it, however, each time I start the quad I check sensor data. According to the forums my readings are within standards, but should I be updating it anyways?

I'm sure more questions will come, but right now that is all.

Attachments

• DJI_0024.JPG
    DJI_0024.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
I'm about 6 flights into my Inspire me and I'm addicted to it: But, here is what I've noticed and some basic questions for the group:

1) In Texas it is 90+ degrees outside and I noticed my battery got to 52 C, what is the max temperature that they can get to? From my reading, I found do not charge over 40 C, but, did not find any flight restrictions.

2) At 10% Battery (TB47) the quad was ready to land and in GPS mode it dashed for Home, lowered landing gear and landed.... yes, I depleted the battery to that level flying around my driveway, as I'm comfortable a quad.

3) I finally used GPS mode today, everything else has been Atti, and noticed that the quad makes some almost violent moves... especially slowing down from 57MPH.... which is also the fastest I could get it level. Which, BTW, is pretty freaken awesome to me.....

4) At 1200 feet out, I'm losing video signal..... How does that compare to others?/ I know that the cell tower, which has the local wifi (I live in the sticks) broadcaster on it could be interrupting my signal. I've attached a photo of the cell tower.

5) If you do lose video feed, but have telemetry data are you still flying further? I have not tried this yet, but probably will. As right now, I only fly IFR (I follow roads) until I trust the quad more.

6) I have not updated my compass or IMU since I updated the firmware / bought it, however, each time I start the quad I check sensor data. According to the forums my readings are within standards, but should I be updating it anyways?

I'm sure more questions will come, but right now that is all.

Standard practice is to calibrate IMU after firmware update. And you should get a good compass calibration out of the box as well. From China to Texas. It needs a *good* compass cal.

And yes in GPS mode the Inspire has a braking or leveling action when you let up on the pitch command. That took a little getting use to for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan