Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A few questions about my new I2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
New I2, out of the box the batteries that came with the aircraft won't charge. I have more that came in a bundle of stuff. Any suggestions other than sending them back to the dealer for replacement? Its like the charger doesn't even recognize that they are hooked up.

I know about calibrating the compass with a new bird. But my compass info shows normal and doesn't give an option to calibrate it. How do I proceed? Is calibration of the IMU advised on a new aircraft. I know the procedure, but again info on my monitor shows IMU to be normal.

Thanks, spent most of my free time this weekend unpacking, charging, updating firmware. No flights yet

Reactions: SanCap
New I2, out of the box the batteries that came with the aircraft won't charge. I have more that came in a bundle of stuff. Any suggestions other than sending them back to the dealer for replacement? Its like the charger doesn't even recognize that they are hooked up.

I know about calibrating the compass with a new bird. But my compass info shows normal and doesn't give an option to calibrate it. How do I proceed? Is calibration of the IMU advised on a new aircraft. I know the procedure, but again info on my monitor shows IMU to be normal.

Thanks, spent most of my free time this weekend unpacking, charging, updating firmware. No flights yet
Hi
It is unusual that none of the batteries would charge. Make shure they are fully inserted into the charger. The way you'd know is that they can not be pulled out without pressing on the release/push down button on the perimeter of the charging hub. Only two batteries are charged, the other two, if inserted are sitting there dormant and only start charging after the first pair is fully charged.
For the compass calibration, the access is burried in the menu. Go into craft, scroll down to advanced, sensor state and there you'll find the Calibrate Compass option.
IMU, well that is up to you. It is usually only necessary if under sensor state the values ACC0 ACC1 GYRO0 GYRO1 are higher then 0.008, ideally as low as possible.

Last edited:
Actually they all charged, except for the two that came in the big box with the drone. I’m sure they were inserted correctly, as the other 6 charged right up.

Actually they all charged, except for the two that came in the big box with the drone. I’m sure they were inserted correctly, as the other 6 charged right up.
Do those two show any lights upon pressing the button on the battery? Also check the individual cell voltages via GO4 after you've inserted those two batteries into the craft. If there is a big difference in voltage, more than 0.2V or if there is a cell with voltage of less then 3V, the batteries might be faulty.

The batteries are most likely toast. Since they have never worked for you they qualify as DOA (Dead On Arrival) and qualify for instant replacement. Meaning your dealer should send you replacements as you are sending the dealer the bad ones after you have T-Shot as best as the dealer suggested. This is what a good dealer should do.

Reactions: The Editor
Do those two show any lights upon pressing the button on the battery? Also check the individual cell voltages via GO4 after you've inserted those two batteries into the craft. If there is a big difference in voltage, more than 0.2V or if there is a cell with voltage of less then 3V, the batteries might be faulty.
No lights come on. They won't power up the aircraft, will Go 4 still be able to check the batteries?

No lights come on. They won't power up the aircraft, will Go 4 still be able to check the batteries?
No. Your last chance before returning the batteries is if you could find someone near you with the DJI charging station. But TBH I would not even bother. I would simply return them to your dealer or DJI and asked for replacement pair. They seem to be DOA case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD