Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A little help please? Go App & 1st loading to iPad

Reaction score
Hi all, recently new member and owner of a pre-loved I1 v2.0 Pro. Sorry if this has been asked of before, or it's in the wrong Forum.

I just got an iPad Air with a package deal (had been using droid phone initially) and the owner had removed everything.

I have since manage to reload the nominal iPad apps, and put the DJI Go app (pre P4 version) on, and as i'm new to all this DJI protocols etc, do i need to update the AC & Tx before trying to run the Go app in unision with the AC?

I don't wish to brick anything, and my phrasing of the query in the search above kept coming back blank.

Thoughts please?
A.U.S.

do i need to update the AC & Tx before trying to run the Go app in unision with the AC?
Hi there.
No need to update anything until you connect to the app and if the a.c. or r.c. needs an firmware update the dji go app will prompt you to do so.
Usually I start up my r.c then power on the battery on the a.c. then I start the go app up.

Thanks for that. I have read a few accounts and didn't want to stuff myself up.
I always turn TX on first, and app last,

My advice is to connect everything with the tablet in airplane mode and see if everything works. If there are no problems never let it talk to the internet and forget about the updates unless you have a problem

Thanks CSpenceFLY, i followed advice above, turned TX on, then AC (yes, props off) and finally iPad & Go App.
Everything working fine together, had my first 4x flights after running the sim for about half an hour, grabbed my first ever aerial pics & vid (boring to watch but fun as all get out obtaining it, and was incidental in providing some 'security breach evidence' for the local Bowls club :) ).

I have been reading about update hassles everyone appears to suffer at one point or another, and i'm sure my turn is waiting, but for now, i fly NO SIM nor do any 'updates'...even my first attempt at RTH went without a hitch, so as a new Inspire inductee, and coming from the open-source platforms and making a 'pre-loved' purchase,..I'm all like a swine in muck. :p :D

Now to put those 10x batteries and assortment of filters to work, find a nice spot, and give it some legs... err WINGS!!!
A.U.S.

Last edited:
Now that i'm here though, i did have another, yet unconnected, "issue" (operator i'm sure(.

In my excitement, i just plugged an SD card into the z3 without 'formatting' it in any way, took off, hit video on one battery, also videoed then stopped/switched and took a few pics, back to video and land.

Now, not sure if it's down to the card, AC, or lightbridge, but i ended up with just 3x still images and one lot of video (from a full flight) and not the vid/pic combo.

I also see i have three types of files in the menu, jpegs, mp4's and 3-4 ADN files. Additionally, there are 3-4 MP4 files that appear to be 'corrupted' as whatever program i have on hand and use to open them fails(as it does with the ADN files).

Not sure if it's to do with my AC camera setup (regards cacheing etc ????like, wth?) or my computer being windows laptop and the AC being basically ios apple??? or due to not formatting the card initially?

Thoughts please folks?
A.U.S.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko