Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A little news from DJI - and it's not the best...

Reaction score
Well, this evening I learned a little more from DJI. It's not that encouraging, and I still don't have an estimated ship date - but it's something, I guess. The main things I learned are:

1) Confirmation that single control orders got shipped first. Then they realized that this was unfair to those who ordered dual remotes so made the decision to ship out single remotes to these folks with a second remote to follow. It sounds like none of the dual remote orders placed with DJI have shipped yet.

2) There are currently no units in stock as the factory has been closed for the new year holiday and annual stocktaking over the past several days. Reading between the lines, it sounds as though they have only had one "batch" - the orders that were shipped out before new year and which started arriving with customers today.

3) Current estimate for the next "batch" from the factory to be ready is 3 days from now (it's already Tuesday in China, so I suppose this means Friday). It is unknown how many units this will be.

4) There may be some differences between units destined for different territories. I am unclear what these differences are - but this was given as a reason why some orders may ship sooner than others.

Reactions: HunterSK
i called the hotline and didn't really get any info. just an apology. i kept asking questions and the gentleman did not have answers. i think the hotline does not have info about shipping etc. just about use etc.

I struggle to believe this...
Chinese New Year is in a few weeks, and don't think factory was closed.
I heard there was a shipment to a dealer today....

Have patience. This is common when new things are introduced that things take time. . Please note that things can happen, only mourn and complain

Or they could have handled the release properly and waited until they have sufficient quantity in stock for all first round orders and then ship them all out together, then do the same for second and third round.

Otherwise, why bother with "rounds" of orders?

I realize that popular products can be in short supply. I'm used to it with Apple, who are apparently DJI's protege. But many of us have PAID already. And what's more, Apple has the sufficient logistical ability to give future buyers a pretty accurate delivery date, even when they're out of stock.

Yeah, I really don't think DJI is in the position to be defended. They have really botched this. Not saying this is the end of the world. I am just saying they have handled this like.. a chinese based company. I can't imagine any US based company using the tactics DJI has used these few months. I also find it interesting that our pal Eric Cheng has disappeared as well. I kinda thought of him as our DJI news guy, but he has been painfully quite lately.

Yeah, I really don't think DJI is in the position to be defended. They have really botched this. Not saying this is the end of the world. I am just saying they have handled this like.. a chinese based company. I can't imagine any US based company using the tactics DJI has used these few months. I also find it interesting that our pal Eric Cheng has disappeared as well. I kinda thought of him as our DJI news guy, but he has been painfully quite lately.

Really botched it? For crying out loud its basically a Toy your talking about, an a expensive one at that. Really botching something is a doctor removing a limb when you just went in to get your tonsils:D LOL. A big botch is ordering a Ford F150 and being told it will take 6-8 weeks to make because its a custom order and it ends up taking 8 MONTHS

Reactions: ems1016
Really botched it? For crying out loud its basically a Toy your talking about, an a expensive one at that. Really botching something is a doctor removing a limb when you just went in to get your tonsils:D LOL. A big botch is ordering a Ford F150 and being told it will take 6-8 weeks to make because its a custom order and it ends up taking 8 MONTHS

doctor removing a limb? haha thats a lawsuit and probably criminal.. I'm not saying this is changing my life... I am saying from a consumer standpoint they botched it. People are excited about the product not the company.

I received a msg from the Canadian dealer I ordered the inspire from. He only received 11 units and couldn't fill all on the waiting list. He has 50 units on order and doesn't expect to receive them for another 2 - 4 weeks. BTW I ordered on 4 Dec. He advised me I am 20th on the list.

People are excited about the product not the company.

Nailed it. Sadly they don't have any decent competition....yet. The product appears good enough that I will likely hang in there a few more days, despite my ruminating about canceling. It's a shame, because I WANT to love the company - but they really are the worst.

As a guy with fourth stage cancer, told he has only a year to live, I agree completely. Most of these comments sound like they were written by spoiled 12-year olds who have nothing better to do than count each minute that DJI fails to meet their expectations. And I'm soooo tired of hearing you guys whine about "But they took our money!" Grow up. You GAVE a company your money---a company that has a shoddy past history of custoner satisfaction. They don't have my money (yet).

I'm glad, though, none of you are apparently facing real life challenges. Toys, freaking expensive toys, that's all they are. Yeah, I know, there are those of you who do this for a living and made commitments with your customers based upon equipment you didn't even have yet. I think your customers have better reason to be upset with you than you with DJI.

Lastly, DJI is not the only alternative out there. If they upset you this much, don't buy from them.

I'm off to get my chemo treatment. The rest of you, try to have a good day. Sorry life is so unfair to you.

Eddie

As a guy with fourth stage cancer, told he has only a year to live, I agree completely. Most of these comments sound like they were written by spoiled 12-year olds who have nothing better to do than count each minute that DJI fails to meet their expectations. And I'm soooo tired of hearing you guys whine about "But they took our money!" Grow up. You GAVE a company your money---a company that has a shoddy past history of custoner satisfaction. They don't have my money (yet).

I'm glad, though, none of you are apparently facing real life challenges. Toys, freaking expensive toys, that's all they are. Yeah, I know, there are those of you who do this for a living and made commitments with your customers based upon equipment you didn't even have yet. I think your customers have better reason to be upset with you than you with DJI.

Lastly, DJI is not the only alternative out there. If they upset you this much, don't buy from them.

I'm off to get my chemo treatment. The rest of you, try to have a good day. Sorry life is so unfair to you.

Eddie
I ordered on 14 Dec from a Canadian Dealer and he informed me I missed on the first batch and doesn't expect more for 2-4 weeks.I couldn't fly it even if I had received as it is very cold here -21C.

Sorry to hear you have stage four cancer and wish you all the best. I just lost my wife in august to cancer.

Hey Eddie, truly sorry to hear about your situation. I like your quote in your footer, its inspiring to say the least.

I think most people on this forum are a little more candid just because its a group of like minded people. We all are excited about the Inspire, and yes we probably should not have "made commitments with your customers based upon equipment you didn't even have yet" you nailed that. and again, I don't think anyone is really sitting in their home loosing sleep because they don't have their Inspire yet. I think we just need to take everything people say here lightly. And I agree complaining is a complete waste of time, it doesn't solve anything and there are much bigger issues in life. But we are talking in a forum that is solely dedicated to 1 product that most of us don't even have, thats kinda obsessive by itself..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool