Actual range?

Reaction score
I should have my inspire by Friday which I am super excited about!
My question is, what is the actual range you are getting? I've seen a few videos on YouTube that are going 17000 feet but that's over water, or nothing but grass. I live in a small town, and I'm wondering how the range is if you are around a town or city and have small amounts of interference?
Not saying I am flying in a irresponsible manor or around a residential area.
Thanks!

Best I have gotten stock and line of sight is...
About 5000ft at 400ft altitude...
About 3000ft at 200ft up...
This is over wide open Midwest corn fields...

If you video feed flickers... your on thin ice...
I had to use RTH once to get it back, in fact...

I have a DBSmod.com antenna on order to "work on improving that"...

Last edited:
Stock, I get anywhere from 600ft to 3500ft. I've taken it to about 3500ft in more rural areas, I live in the suburbs of Seattle. So it's not bad. When I'm flying in Seattle depending on where I am I could get 600 or 700ft up to about 1500ft...I don't fly too far in the city, I like to see my aircraft at all times

DJI states 4000m so that would be 2,5 miles at VLOS. Knowing that DJI normally is quite conservative about distances, I believe that. My Phantoms easily went to 2000+ meters, when I still flew like the ignorant hobbyist I once was........DJI states 1000 meters for the P2.

After passing RPAS ground school I feel like a former idiot. Will never do that again, unless in the desert or something similar, and even then, never with anything over 2 pounds.

1500 feet is the legal distance for me and 400 feet high. Can't imagine why I would need to go further any time soon. Maybe higher, but only with a formal exemption, NOTAM, proper flight preparation, the works.

Be aware of the risks when a 8 pound lawnmower comes crashing down far beyond YOUR line of site.

This is the end of innocence. For me anyhow, do what you want, I just want to give sound advice to whoever picks it up.

my max distance is ~3500 mts with stock I1 and my video feed was perfect, i think the main problem/limitation is the battery, couse i did more than 7.00kms in a single flight with a 5700 mAh at full speed and with good wind speed