Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Actually X5 Sample Footage (NOT X5R)

We cannot tell what the footage looks like yet as we have not seen anything that has not had the crap compressed out of it by YouTube etc. When we see some files posted straight out of camera we will get a chance to download them and really see what the camera is capable of (or not).

It doesn't need to be wall-sized. I can display higher than 4K on my computer monitor and 4K native on my second screen.

And The Editor is right, YouTube so heavily compresses things it's impossible to tell what the footage is actually going to look like.

That video looks like poo... but most of that is YouTube.

Here's a 1:1 crop of the video playing at 2160p. Again, I'm sure most of the ugly is YouTube, but it does illustrate how much bitrate can impact the image you get out of a camera.

chpC2uKdvYpv89U3YBbUGeeGbOIHc2djJSKqUdm2L2M

Don't blame Youtube. There are plenty of amazing 4K vids on Youtube with virtually no compression artifacts. Agree we need source material but this video is not giving me much hope. Sure, it looks better in places but in others you can see the same issues that plague the X3: compression and in need of a corrective gamma curve.

This really does have me wondering if the X5 is using the same Ambarella A9 SOC for image processing. It would explain the 60Mbps and other similarities.

Reactions: damoncooper
I have heard no one talk about using the x5 with the original Inspire 1. It would be really good to hear from anyone who has had experience updating the Inspire 1 with these rigs. Certainly, if DJI is making these cameras available as a retrofit, they must have some experience testing and field testing. Why are no details available about this? Or have I missed them. Is the retrofit easy to do? What are flight times? I've heard some talk about having to extend landing gear? Is there any real information about this? Are people just ordering the X5 for their existing Inspire 1 units without any data or feedback from those who have done this?

relax, deep breath. ok?

it hasnt been released yet. to anyone. all of these questions will be answered when some people get them. no one has one yet, jeez.
im sure dji tested the system a few times.I oredered one the minute they were available for preorder. if it sucks,ill cancell my order.

Reactions: damoncooper
Relax? I've invested in good faith twice in DJI products with proprietary cameras and they have turned out to be crap. Why do we have to rely on consumers/customers to get these friggin' answers. This pisses me off...the reason this pisses me off is that the overall Inspire 1 system is great...people are sending in their money now to this company for the X5...without any real field evaluations of the footage provided...as well as no real discussion about retrofitting the Inspire 1. Whatever...I'm done with this.

Relax? I've invested in good faith twice in DJI products with proprietary cameras and they have turned out to be crap. Why do we have to rely on consumers/customers to get these friggin' answers. This pisses me off...the reason this pisses me off is that the overall Inspire 1 system is great...people are sending in their money now to this company for the X5...without any real field evaluations of the footage provided...as well as no real discussion about retrofitting the Inspire 1. Whatever...I'm done with this.
No info about retro fitting? There is a lot of info. Just look. I wasnt even that interested in the subject because i am going to wait until people have their hands on them and even then i saw videos and tons of info about them.

This pisses me off...the reason this pisses me off is that the overall Inspire 1 system is great...people are sending in their money now to this company for the X5...without any real field evaluations of the footage provided...
Huh? Isn't that how it works with just about any product from any manufacturer in any field?

I mean it's not like Sony will make a video comparison and evaluation of their new TV next to the older model, that a car manufacturer will tell you how the new model handles in condition X...
That's always all done by users and reviewers.

Either something's clearly good for you and you believe in it and preorder, or you wait until feedback comes.

Reactions: Joola
I'm actually becoming less enthusiastic and more frustarted as time goes on. One the immediate release of the X5 I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to buy one. Luckily, I've decided to wait. I too am really pissed off that this camera has the same bitrate as the X3 and a darn GoPro! DJI are trying to sell this camera as a pro bit of kit, but as a pro, all I see so far is amateur footage!

I'm actually becoming less enthusiastic and more frustarted as time goes on. One the immediate release of the X5 I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to buy one. Luckily, I've decided to wait. I too am really pissed off that this camera has the same bitrate as the X3 and a darn GoPro! DJI are trying to sell this camera as a pro bit of kit, but as a pro, all I see so far is amateur footage!

Agreed, I still look forward to the still camera capability because I shoot a lot of HDR landscape photos and city night light shots but video wise the X5 seems severely hobbled (probably on purpose) and the X5R seems like way overkill.

Unless DJI has pulled off a miracle with 60mbs ill be sticking with what i have. The only thing I really like is the 16mp stills. 4K@24fps is also a joke. Not even the X5R does faster frame rate. Am I missing something here?

Unless DJI has pulled off a miracle with 60mbs ill be sticking with what i have. The only thing I really like is the 16mp stills. 4K@24fps is also a joke. Not even the X5R does faster frame rate. Am I missing something here?

It does 30p in UHD (3840x2160). The 24p limit is for DCI 4K (4096x2160). Unless you're planning on delivering in a wider aspect ratio than the standard 16:9, shooting in DCI 4K is silly.

30p is a bit disappointing as the top frame rate for UHD, but I shudder to think of what 60Mb UHD video at 60 or 120 fps would look like (more frames = more data to compress = less quality at the same bitrate). 30fps is already HEAVILY compressed.

It does 30p in UHD (3840x2160). The 24p limit is for DCI 4K (4096x2160). Unless you're planning on delivering in a wider aspect ratio than the standard 16:9, shooting in DCI 4K is silly.

30p is a bit disappointing as the top frame rate for UHD, but I shudder to think of what 60Mb UHD video at 60 or 120 fps would look like (more frames = more data to compress = less quality at the same bitrate). 30fps is already HEAVILY compressed.
Also depends on the codec and GOP structure

Not necessarily the same implementation or low level settings.
Again different encoders can differ A LOT with the same data rate, it's only one of hundreds of parameters that effect quality.

Not necessarily the same implementation or low level settings.
Again different encoders can differ A LOT with the same data rate, it's only one of hundreds of parameters that effect quality.
Interesting. So basically we will have to wait and see actual footage to determine if the video quality is improved at 4k. From a still camera point of view it sounds awesome though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop