Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Adjusting gimbal for wind tilt?

You shouldn't get a crooked shot, the wind won't affect gimbal position. Only roll may be a bit off at times and there's a correction for that.
Might want to do a gimbal calibration on a flat surface, and also an IMU calib if necessary.

I have t do a gimbal calibration before every flight and still get a crocked horizon once I take off. It happens 90% of the time. Anyway to get it straight during flight. I have a second camera because my first camera, which did the same thing, is in the repair shop requiring a $288 ransom fee for fixing it after a warranted drone crash it was affixed to. The new camera is doing the exact same thing. Help. Mary

I have t do a gimbal calibration before every flight and still get a crocked horizon once I take off. It happens 90% of the time. Anyway to get it straight during flight. I have a second camera because my first camera, which did the same thing, is in the repair shop requiring a $288 ransom fee for fixing it after a warranted drone crash it was affixed to. The new camera is doing the exact same thing. Help. Mary
Do a cold IMU calibration. Once that is done do a Gimbal calibration. That should sort it out.
Corrections can be done on the fly whilst airborne by pressing and holding C2 which will bring up a crosshair/level lines. Then adjust the gimbal with the right hand wheel - takes less than 3 seconds to do and will get you absolutely level if there is some slight drift spotted whilst flying.

The drift is more than slight, but what is a cold IMU calibration? Cold? I have tried adjusting the gimbal during flight but it doesn't hold. It is like it releases or something. It isn't a gradual tilt. I will try the IMU calibration and let you know if that works. Thanks, Mary

The drift is more than slight, but what is a cold IMU calibration? Cold? I have tried adjusting the gimbal during flight but it doesn't hold. It is like it releases or something. It isn't a gradual tilt. I will try the IMU calibration and let you know if that works. Thanks, Mary
Make sure the aircraft is cold - ie leave it off for an hour or two.
Have it on a totally level surface. Then fire up the remote, app and aircraft and immediately the gimbal has gone through its start up sequence go straight into the IMU calibration and run it (before the flight controller has a chance to warm up). Don't so much as breath while it is going through its calibration - the slightest vibration through the table, floor etc will upset it. You need to make sure it is Totally undisturbed whilst it is calibrating. After that run a gimabl calibration and you should be fine.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44