Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Adjusting the shoulder dials.

Reaction score
This question has come up a bunch from my googling, so forgive me if another thread does answer this question. If so, please point me in the direction of it.

I’d like to assign one of my dials to adjust camera roll mid flight and the other to adjust camera pitch.

When I first started, the left dial was pitch and the right dial was and still is exposure. Now the left dial is yaw, and I’d like to keep yaw fixed to the forward direction of the inspire. I’m not sure how it changed, but would greatly appreciate some advice on this.

Thank you!

Last edited:
You have two buttons on the underside of the remote control designated C1 (l/h) and C2 (r/h).

I have my C1 button set up to switch the thumbwheel control between yaw and pitch when you press it. I suspect yours is the same and you have unknowingly pressed it which is why the left thumbwheel control has changed from pitch to yaw.

I have my C2 button set so that it centres the gimbal when pressed, ie the camera points forward.

Go to remote control settings / Button Customisation and you'll see all the options available (I think you'll need to connect to the aircraft).

All quite straightforward.

You have two buttons on the underside of the remote control designated C1 (l/h) and C2 (r/h).

I have my C1 button set up to switch the thumbwheel control between yaw and pitch when you press it. I suspect yours is the same and you have unknowingly pressed it which is why the left thumbwheel control has changed from pitch to yaw.

I have my C2 button set so that it centres the gimbal when pressed, ie the camera points forward.

Go to remote control settings / Button Customisation and you'll see all the options available (I think you'll need to connect to the aircraft).

All quite straightforward.

That did it!! Thank you so much. Is there a way to set one of these to do roll?

Do you mean gimbal roll adjustment? If so you can adjust it by holding C2 and using the right thumbwheel - I think you may have to depress the thumbwheel as well.

There were issues with it adjusting the exposure at the same time, not sure if that's been fixed with GO updates.

Adjusting gimbal roll to get a level horizon is done simply by holding C2 and rolling the right thumbwheel, no need to depress the thumb wheel.

BTW, If you connect a second controller for camera control with the sticks the C1 button both centers the camera on the nose and levels the horizon. Not sure why they don't leave it that way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes