Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Adobe Premiere 2015.3 update is available

Reaction score
Key for X5R users is the proxy media support and enhancements and fixes that allow for use of regular (non-Premiere specific) CineLight Adobe DNG sequences directly in your project.

Proxy media support allows you to to easily switch between original/high-resolution and proxy/low-resolution clips. Heavy X5R RAW media can overload even the most powerful computer systems. Using lower-resolution proxies can speed up editing, while maintaining the ability to switch back to the original high resolution media for final output. With proxy creation, you can work with high-resolution media flexibly, across different devices (for example, on lightweight devices that are slower and have less storage). Switching between proxy/low-resolution and original/high-resolution files has never been easier or more fluid.

Proxy support how-to:
Work offline using proxy media | Adobe Premiere Pro CC tutorials

What's New:
Premiere Pro CC 2015 new features summary

Reactions: Quadpilot
So I've got a folder of DNG files exported from Cinelight.

I've been trying to get the proxy import to work, but it doesn't seem to want to.

Looking over the release notes I found this - it seems DNG image sequences are not supported.

The Attach Proxy & Reconnect Full Resolution Media options only apply to video or A/V clips. Other file types such as audio-only or stills (including Image Sequences), are not supported.

So when folks are using proxies with 4k video I'm guessing they are exporting from Cinelight as Prores 422 HQ? Or is another choice better?

So I turned everything off and on again - always a good first step.

This time I had the "Create Proxy" selection checked and was able to import a folder of DNG's.

However at the end I got an error window. I remember the word .plist but unfortunately I closed it accidentally.

The DNG's opened to a 25 sec clip, which was correct, but playback is very stuttered.

When I had Cinelight export the same sequence as a Prores 422HQ it played smoothly.

So Richard - you said you started the import - did it work well?

thanks,

So I turned everything off and on again - always a good first step.

This time I had the "Create Proxy" selection checked and was able to import a folder of DNG's.

However at the end I got an error window. I remember the word .plist but unfortunately I closed it accidentally.

The DNG's opened to a 25 sec clip, which was correct, but playback is very stuttered.

When I had Cinelight export the same sequence as a Prores 422HQ it played smoothly.

So Richard - you said you started the import - did it work well?

thanks,

I followed the tutorial video that Damon linked to and everything worked fine. Proxy all created and useable

Question: How can one work from a proxy file when doing color grading on DNG files? I am thinking that the Proxy will not offer all the data the original DNG has to offer for color info, am I correct or can we truly color grade in Proxy.. Thanks for the help really appreciate your time.

Cheers,
J

Reactions: FinesAerial.com
I just wondered what everyone else's experiences were when bringing in the DNG sequences (specific and non-specific) to Premiere directly after export from Cinelight? I have found that I'm not able to edit the DNG sequence as expected. The dynamic range, particularly the highlights, are clipped and unable to be edited like the .dng files in say Photoshop (ACR) or Lightroom. What am I doing wrong?

We noticed this yesterday as we are just editing our first set of DNG's. One DNG pulled into PS shows lots of dynamic range but when we export it from premiere it clips the highlights and we had noise. I will post a before and after tomorrow we are filming all day today.

We have checked our final footage and we are not seeing clipping. We just did a couple tests yesterday where we clipped the highlights ( according to the Histogram and they were not close to clipped when we opened the files. Best to push this up at least a stop into the clip for best color on your final files. More data further up the sensor. Hope this helps

Cheers,
J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal142