Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

advantages to flying in atti mode

Reaction score
can someone or some people tell me what are the advantages to flying in atti mode, i read somewhere that you get a longer flight time in atti mode, don't know how true that is but if someone can confirm that in addition to listing any other advantages I would greatly appreciate it, thanks guys

I think it's more preference than anything. I like it since the craft will drift and not come to a complete stop. This leads for a more fluid, organic pan in my opinion. When I'm in GPS mode, the thing is like it's on rails. So when the controls are in neutral, the aircraft just stops right in it's tracks whereas in ATTI, it tends to float. Really depends on the look and feel of the video you want.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yea I was thinking the same because mine along with many others loose GPS signal suddenly and I always freak out and knowing how to fly in atti mode can keep you from crashing

It flights significantly faster in ATTI mode. Just fly overhead in GPS mode and flip the switch to ATTI mode, and you will see the front props dip down for an increased forward speed. This can be useful for getting back to base quicker, without using as much battery power.

I just started flying in ATTI, and honestly I love it. I really like the drift..and I was already prepared for it with the time I spent on my little "toy drone" I started on..with obviously no GPS on it--it drifted all over.
When I got my I1, I was STOKED with GPS..but wondered how ATTI felt. I agree with above posts about knowing how to really fly your craft in all ways. Cause you just never know. ATTI makes you have to be a LOT more plugged into what the craft is doing in the air, which I definitely know is good for all of us..lol. And as a filmmaker, I can see how it will get a smoother shot as I let go of the sticks. Try it, and look at your footage--it's a different vibe for sure.

ATTI can also be a lot of fun :) I like the way it just continues to slide across the sky when you let go of the sticks, holding its altitude perfectly, as if it was gliding on ice.

It flights significantly faster in ATTI mode. Just fly overhead in GPS mode and flip the switch to ATTI mode, and you will see the front props dip down for an increased forward speed. This can be useful for getting back to base quicker, without using as much battery power.
Yea I also heard it flies faster in atti mode, some guy claim he got up to 60 MPH in atti, the fastest I got was 50 MPH and that was in GPS so 60 in atti in perfect Conditions seems possible

Can we even flick the switch when it's in the air? I remembered I tried it says unable to if its in the air.... Haha. Kinda cannot recall what's the message

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATTI is really good for FPV. I'm planning to connect mine up to my FatShark HD's this weekend.

The other possible highlight of ATTI is that I've seen some posts that say DJI's geofencing can be overridden since it doesn't use the GPS. I don't know whether that's true or not, but if it is, that might be useful for people who live near the no-fly boundaries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No doubt you can scream in ATTI mode! Right now, it is the C7 Corvette of quadcopters, but I'm sure something will be doing circles around it within the year.

60MPH...? I dunno, well if you're ref'ing ground speed & you've got strong prevailing winds at 100' or so, then yeah I could see 60, careful getting into & out of that speed though. That's faster than the controller can compensate & maintain stability.

Wormwood

Can we even flick the switch when it's in the air? I remembered I tried it says unable to if its in the air.... Haha. Kinda cannot recall what's the message

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ya, just go to "mode" and enable "multiple flight modes", and then the switch on the controller will work great in flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry