Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft updating

Reaction score
Upon launching my third successful flight yesterday, my Inspire attempted a flyway immediately on takeoff (toward a river ). I landed with a bit of drama & after checking IMU etc etc. took off again with exactly the the same flyaway. Once again I was able to land without any damage. I then walked some 20 meters away and rebooted everything. This time, the iOS pilot app told me to wait whilst it "updated the aircraft" after which the bird took off & behaved beautifully. I did a full test flight in GPS & Atti modes without any misbehavior.

Has anyone experienced this before. Any clues as to why the aircraft was updating?

I always fly with aeroplane mode switched on. This way my device can't communicate with the cellular network for anything

I always fly with airplane mode on too!. The Inspire was not updating it's firmware. It's up to date & as you know it doesn't update that way anyhow. It's still a mystery to me. Any other thoughts?

Sorry Tassieflyer no other clues from me - all sounds very odd. Hope you get some thoughts from others.
Assume you are based in Tasmania - thought the weathers been too wild down there to fly :) ha ha

Reactions: tassieflyer
Thanks anyhow Auspete. It is very odd behavior.
Saturday was just perfect for flying. We put 3 UAV's up simultaneously I got some fantastic videos of formation flying

Reactions: JeffreyRC
This happened to me the first few times I flew. After updating the firmware it stopped happening.

Just out of curiosity, which direction did it fly away in, relative to the way the AC was pointing?
I have noticed many people saying that the AC shot off to the right?

Just out of curiosity, which direction did it fly away in, relative to the way the AC was pointing?
I have noticed many people saying that the AC shot off to the right?

It shot off to the leftt, Aviator, both times towards the river which was only 10 meters away. Maybe because I'm down under, it hung to the left. You know, the toilet bowel swirls the opposite direction lol.

This happened to me the first few times I flew. After updating the firmware it stopped happening.
Could be that my bird's firmware got somehow corrupted & it updated itself. Not sure if it's connected, but my last flight was flown down to critical battery level with an automatic landing within 10 seconds of the warning!.

Same exact thing happened to me two weeks ago. First fly-away after 98+ flights, took off, within seconds saw a message pop up, "Update..." then it took off on its own. Only by pure luck it didn't crash into any of the beachfront hotels behind me, wouldn't respond to any controls including Atti mode, disappeared from view then few minutes later it returned home.

Upon launching my third successful flight yesterday, my Inspire attempted a flyway immediately on takeoff (toward a river ). I landed with a bit of drama & after checking IMU etc etc. took off again with exactly the the same flyaway. Once again I was able to land without any damage. I then walked some 20 meters away and rebooted everything. This time, the iOS pilot app told me to wait whilst it "updated the aircraft" after which the bird took off & behaved beautifully. I did a full test flight in GPS & Atti modes without any misbehavior.

Has anyone experienced this before. Any clues as to why the aircraft was updating?

Same exact thing happened to me two weeks ago. First fly-away after 98+ flights, took off, within seconds saw a message pop up, "Update..." then it took off on its own. Only by pure luck it didn't crash into any of the beachfront hotels behind me, wouldn't respond to any controls including Atti mode, disappeared from view then few minutes later it returned home.
So glad you got it back safe Thomas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters