Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

An anxious and happy hello! (ALSO, looking for purchase recommendations)

Reaction score
Website
www.proskymedia.com
Hi everyone!

Man, I haven't been a part of a forum since I owned a Camaro that I would work on and take to the track 15 years ago!

My name's Zach. I'm based in California/Nevada/Memphis (long story) Im a fully-licensed Part 107 Pilot. Please feel free to watch my reel which is all Phantoms. If interested in more about me, please read my "about me" :)

If someone could please direct me straight to the appropriate forum, I have a big purchase to make and a lot of learning to do in a short period of time. I love to give and promise I'll contribute more than I take. But here's my situation which I'll post in General Discussion, unless "Certified UAV Pilots" is more appropriate:

I've been flying for almost three years professionally. Through pounding the pavement, working tiny jobs and practice flight time, I've booked my first truly high-end job. I'm feeling very excited. But, honestly nervous and need a community of people. It's a four-figure job over two weeks with travel, room and food for a feature film. Needless to say, I can't enjoy it because the stakes are high and I'm feeling overwhelmed in the humble presence of some of you professionals.

I need an Inspire 2. I'd like to think they hired me because they saw my reel and saw I had the aerial skills - despite not having the picture quality - and the professionalism, as well as experience working on film sets and the post-production needs of filmmaking (e.g., ProRes requirements, CinemaDNG, color grading, matching RAW footage to high-end cinema cameras, etc.)

RIGHT NOW I HAVE TWO SHOPPING CARTS FILLED. I HAVE A 10% EDUCATIONAL DISCOUNT FROM DJI, BUT IM NERVOUS TO ORDER FROM THEM BECAUSE I DONT QUITE THINK THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS QUITE AT THE LEVELS WE EXPECT HERE IN North America WHEN SINKING $$$$ INTO A BRAND AND A PRODUCT. THE TECHNICAL HELP EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN HORRENDOUS.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I have a little under three weeks to order the Inspire 2 and get the bird in the air and learn how to fly it. I suspect my skills as a pilot will translate as well as some similarities in DJI interface. This is the job I've been praying for as a "go ahead" to pull the trigger and go into some debt for an investment in my future.

Thank you so much for reading and being patient in advance.

Sincerely
Zach

Prospective purchase:
- Inspire 2
- Cinema DNG and ProRes license (client requires it)
- 2 CineSSD cards (honestly, an extra just for backup)
- SSD Reader
- X5S (no lens)
- M Zuiko 12 f2
- M Zuiko 17
- M Zuiko 25 1.8
-M Zuiko 45 1.8
- All necessary balancing rings
- 8 Batteries
- Charging Hub
- Carrying case (preferably Pelican)
- UAS Landing pad

Zach, thanks for the introduction and congratulations on the new job lead you are prepping for. You are definitely doing things right! Well done on the reel.

I just saw your other post and commented back, our team here at Advexure would be happy to you assist you with the professional system you are looking for complemented with our emphasis on a high level of support.

Let's set up a call to discuss your application and needs and we'll go from there. Talk soon, and see you around the forum.

Reactions: Zach Zach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018