Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android DJI GO app - Thoughts and Findings

Reaction score
Currently updating to the new android version of the DJI Go app. I'll report back this afternoon.

Well, I’m still having some delay and lag issues BUT one feature I find really cool is that now pitch,yaw , AND roll can be used at the same time by dragging your finger on the screen! I’ve been using IOS since all the problems with Android so I don’t know for sure if it was there before but I never noticed it.

That gives the ability to have someone control the camera and someone to fly WITHOUT using 2 controllers! Seems like it would make for a much more smooth shot since the camera will pan in a much more fluid direction
I have a tab pro 12” tablet and it’s more than enough real-estate for 2 people to see the feed. Just have to put it on a tripod and share the screen. Not a big deal at all especially flying LOS

Reactions: Jimmy
Well, I’m still having some delay and lag issues BUT one feature I find really cool is that now pitch,yaw , AND roll can be used at the same time by your finger on the screen! I’ve been using IOS since all the problems with Android so I don’t know for sure if it was there before but I never noticed it.

That gives the ability to have someone control the camera and someone to fly WITHOUT using 2 controllers! Seems like it would make for a much more smooth shot since the camera will pan in a much more fluid direction
It was allready on the Android version,don't know about IOS,but my guess it was there before.

It was allready on the Android version,don't know about IOS,but my guess it was there before.
I'll have to check the IOS. Not sure if it's something I have to enable with the iPad? I've only had my I1 for 2 weeks so I'm still learning BUT it's a cool feature for a single TX user!
Thanks for the info!

What I really like to know how stable this app will be.I don't want to take any risk for upgrading because I'm going on vacation in a few days and I don't want to screw things up now.

Last edited:
Okay, for IOS ya just have to long press the screen instead of having the big yellow popup on the screen. I did not know that!

Now as for the Android version…..Still have some of the lag issues so I’m sticking with IOS.

I would think this makes having 2 controllers redundant, no? I mean it's a little inconvenient to have to share a monitor but for $500 less I'll put up with sharing! ;)

**** app needs an owners manual!! We're left to just click, touch, and fumble across features. [emoji33]
Then come here and post with excitement only to look silly. [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndrewH
I didn't get a chance to fly yesterday due to my little girl being poorly. Hoping to get out tonight or tomorrow. Not sure I like the look of the new app, why have they combined/hidden the map view with the radar icon?

Reactions: Andreas
The new DJI GO app works very well with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4, previous app versions crashed and video feed had a lot of lag. DJI seems to have enabled the Octa-Core processing for their app. Note that you need to remove all ALL other programs leaving only the DJI app remaining. Disable everything and uninstall all the updates. Really happy with the new app. Was already saving up for the IPad mini 3. Everything works flawlessly. Also be sure to update any secondary batteries by leaving the firmware file on the memory card and let it update.

Reactions: Andreas
For those not wishing to upgrade yet, make sure you turn DJI Pilot app auto update to off. However, if you did get the updated DJI GO by accident, as it happened to me, there is no clash with the old FW 1.2.06. I flew over the mountains, no lags, stable as a rock.

Note that google play-services updates are turned off, using the native versions of Android 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (for reference, Google Play Services version should be 6.7.77)

I'll proceed with the 1.3 and see what happens.

Well, I upgraded my newly replaced Nvidia Shield 16Gb tablet to DJI GO and cannot make a connection to my Inspire anymore. Have tried switching USB mode between MTP and PTP but no luck. It just won't connect. Running Android 5.1.1 . Now going to try to upgrade the Inspire to the new firmware and then try again.

What i notice that Gimbal settings if you change pich and yaw % or if you set the 3 different buttons that you have there once you leave the app they don t save the data you input.

Well, I upgraded my newly replaced Nvidia Shield 16Gb tablet to DJI GO and cannot make a connection to my Inspire anymore. Have tried switching USB mode between MTP and PTP but no luck. It just won't connect. Running Android 5.1.1 . Now going to try to upgrade the Inspire to the new firmware and then try again.

You probably mean connection to the RC through the USB cable. The connection to the drone itself is handled by the RC. Make sure you turn USB debugging ON to your tablet, otherwise you won't be able to connect.

The connection is ok, and i use ipad air, the only problem is that when i do changes on the gimbal settings i mean yaw or pich % like faster or slower you have like 3 tabs were you can custom your settings .... so there when i close the Go app i lose the changes ..

After upgrading all is working ok again!

The android version is missing sevralfunctions with the IOS version.
For example the overexposure view setting is not there, **** not good for photographers
Also i cannot find the enable an d siable Video encode/decode settings
I'm also using a Nvidia Shield Wifi 16Gb Tablet. Otherwise no problems.
Marnix

So. After reading alot i'm still not sure if i should upgrade or wait? I have a photo job tomorrow so no update before that but shall i upgrade my stuff on sunday or wait for newer releases?

Sent from my S5

For those not wishing to upgrade yet, make sure you turn DJI Pilot app auto update to off. However, if you did get the updated DJI GO by accident, as it happened to me, there is no clash with the old FW 1.2.06. I flew over the mountains, no lags, stable as a rock.

Note that google play-services updates are turned off, using the native versions of Android 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (for reference, Google Play Services version should be 6.7.77)

I'll proceed with the 1.3 and see what happens.
Andreas
How do I get back to 6.7.77

Andreas
How do I get back to 6.7.77

@Walksalot, go to Settings > Applications and find Google Play Services. Click to enter the app settings and press the button Uninstall Updates. Follow what it says and assuming you have Lollipop installed (Android 5.0.2) you'll end up having the native version of the app: 6.7.77

There is a chance this button is greyed out, not allowing you to click on it. That means this app is managed by Android Device Manager and you have to revoke the rights back to you.
This is done from the Device Administrators page: Settings > General > Security and uncheck the box next to Android Device Manager. After that, go back to Google Play Services app and the button to uninstall updates will be available.

Don't forget to disable auto updates for the app from Google Play Store. If you forget to do that, the app will be updated again to the latest version and you'll be in the same position.

Note that there are other apps depending on google play services version, like YouTube, Google Play Music and others. These apps will stop playing unless they are rolled back to their original version as well. No problem, you follow exactly the same steps for these apps also.

I hope this makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG