Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android DJI GO app - Thoughts and Findings

So. After reading alot i'm still not sure if i should upgrade or wait? I have a photo job tomorrow so no update before that but shall i upgrade my stuff on sunday or wait for newer releases?

Sent from my S5

Life is fun and exciting if you dare. Adrenaline is good and tasty, just minimise the risk before doing anything.

OK tried to fly today with the Android version of the DJI Go app on my Nvidia Shield 16Gb Wifi tablet.
First flight no problems
Second flight i had 2 times disconnected error and 1 time i also had google service that crashed. With the google crash the App restarted and no problem anymore. With the disconnects one time the connection came back and the second time i had to restart the app fully.
My android version is 5.1.1.
It seems still a problem or is it my nvidia shield tablet ????? I have no idea ????
anyone has the same problems ???
Marnix

I just landed from a flight with the previous app with my shield. After 4 minutes i got disconnected. Camera still works

Sent from my S5

OK tried to fly today with the Android version of the DJI Go app on my Nvidia Shield 16Gb Wifi tablet.
First flight no problems
Second flight i had 2 times disconnected error and 1 time i also had google service that crashed. With the google crash the App restarted and no problem anymore. With the disconnects one time the connection came back and the second time i had to restart the app fully.
My android version is 5.1.1.
It seems still a problem or is it my nvidia shield tablet ????? I have no idea ????
anyone has the same problems ???
Marnix
Limit you max CPU frequency to 90%.
If you still experience problems then lower the app framerate (within Android) to 45.
Additionally, are you running a replacement Shield due to the recall?
If not, get you tablet replaced as the battery can cause overheating issues itself.

I didn't get a chance to fly yesterday due to my little girl being poorly. Hoping to get out tonight or tomorrow. Not sure I like the look of the new app, why have they combined/hidden the map view with the radar icon?

On a tablet the map and radar are separate. On my iPhone 6 Plus the layout is the same as Phantom, i.e. combined. Not so on iPad Mini or Air.

Reactions: Manuel
Had some flights today mainly to get my 5 batteries drained to 5%. Had the same experience as Marnix. 2 times the Pilot Go app stopped on my replaced 16Gb Shield (Android 5.1.1). The second time it asked to send the crash data which I managed to do. Needed a complete restart of the Pilot Go app to regain video connection. While the app crashed, the Inspire was fully controllable, so not really a big deal, unless you are not flying LOS!

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

Have to agree w'ya, Sunday was pretty nice - I was chasing Lockness Nellie on Lake of the Isles ->
Thank you very m
@Walksalot, go to Settings > Applications and find Google Play Services. Click to enter the app settings and press the button Uninstall Updates. Follow what it says and assuming you have Lollipop installed (Android 5.0.2) you'll end up having the native version of the app: 6.7.77

There is a chance this button is greyed out, not allowing you to click on it. That means this app is managed by Android Device Manager and you have to revoke the rights back to you.
This is done from the Device Administrators page: Settings > General > Security and uncheck the box next to Android Device Manager. After that, go back to Google Play Services app and the button to uninstall updates will be available.

Don't forget to disable auto updates for the app from Google Play Store. If you forget to do that, the app will be updated again to the latest version and you'll be in the same position.

Note that there are other apps depending on google play services version, like YouTube, Google Play Music and others. These apps will stop playing unless they are rolled back to their original version as well. No problem, you follow exactly the same steps for these apps also.

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you for that.

Reactions: Andreas
@Walksalot, go to Settings > Applications and find Google Play Services. Click to enter the app settings and press the button Uninstall Updates. Follow what it says and assuming you have Lollipop installed (Android 5.0.2) you'll end up having the native version of the app: 6.7.77

There is a chance this button is greyed out, not allowing you to click on it. That means this app is managed by Android Device Manager and you have to revoke the rights back to you.
This is done from the Device Administrators page: Settings > General > Security and uncheck the box next to Android Device Manager. After that, go back to Google Play Services app and the button to uninstall updates will be available.

Don't forget to disable auto updates for the app from Google Play Store. If you forget to do that, the app will be updated again to the latest version and you'll be in the same position.

Note that there are other apps depending on google play services version, like YouTube, Google Play Music and others. These apps will stop playing unless they are rolled back to their original version as well. No problem, you follow exactly the same steps for these apps also.

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you! App auto updated on my Nexus 7 and was wreaking havoc. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Andreas
My biggest concern right now is that my Nvidia Shield Tablet was on the recall list so I'm waiting for my replacement tablet but I don't want to install the new DJI App. The Old App and previous FW are working great. I'm in no mood to be unable to fly or have all these app glitches since I have none right now. Anyone know how to get the previous DJI App from my old Nvidia Shield to my replacement Nvidia Shield?? Let me know. Thanks!

My biggest concern right now is that my Nvidia Shield Tablet was on the recall list so I'm waiting for my replacement tablet but I don't want to install the new DJI App. The Old App and previous FW are working great. I'm in no mood to be unable to fly or have all these app glitches since I have none right now. Anyone know how to get the previous DJI App from my old Nvidia Shield to my replacement Nvidia Shield?? Let me know. Thanks!
Plus 1

I'm using nvidia shield and flew 2 batteries, app crashed once and completely nerve wrecking...on the old app it will restart automatically,on the GO app I had to reboot the app completely, not acceptable DJI......

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

I'm using nvidia shield and flew 2 batteries, app crashed once and completely nerve wrecking...on the old app it will restart automatically,on the GO app I had to reboot the app completely, not acceptable DJI......

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
Do you have max CPU frequency limited to 90%?
If not, set it at that and try again.

What i notice that Gimbal settings if you change pich and yaw % or if you set the 3 different buttons that you have there once you leave the app they don t save the data you input.
I haven't spent much time playing with these new settings for the gimbal. Can someone explain what they're for? Are they presets to for the rate of the dial button that controls pitch or yaw?

I also have a shield tablet, how do you set the frame rate and CPU freq? Are they in the power settings or the actual DJI app settings?
They are under the Shield Power control.
Open it up and then tap on 'Apps' at the top.
Select DJI Go and hit 'custom' - you will find it in there. :)

Reactions: AndrewH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur