Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android DJI GO app - Thoughts and Findings

They are under the Shield Power control.
Open it up and then tap on 'Apps' at the top.
Select DJI Go and hit 'custom' - you will find it in there. :)
Perfect thanks Ed, I'm hoping my replacement arrives soon. Have you got yours yet?

Hi guys, I have noticed that after I installed DJI GO and without opening the app through the day there is an excesive power consumption present in the android battery chart (lollipop on a Droid Turbo). That consumption is apparently continuos and the percentage increases over time. So there IS a hidden process that is continuously working in the background.

I uninstalled and made a fresh install of the latest app.
Any info on that matter? Thanks

My biggest concern right now is that my Nvidia Shield Tablet was on the recall list so I'm waiting for my replacement tablet but I don't want to install the new DJI App. The Old App and previous FW are working great. I'm in no mood to be unable to fly or have all these app glitches since I have none right now. Anyone know how to get the previous DJI App from my old Nvidia Shield to my replacement Nvidia Shield?? Let me know. Thanks!
Simply put the app on a SDcard or whatsoever and see you get the app on the right device and install.I can send you almost any old version of the app if you wish.

Guys, so DJI GO record everything on high quality on your device? Or is just a downsampled quality video?

Or is just a downsampled quality video?[/QUOTE]
Yeap 'till you stream it to your device.

Hello all. Does anybody know about the new Amazon Fire ...the one that is going to be $50? Will it handle the task? Also, I got the two controllers, and do have one iPad mini 2. Looks like The Apple OS is regarded more highly. I haven't flown with dual controllers yet which is why I a, looking at the new Fire...for control of the camera. But I also have a 2nd Inspire also with dual controllers. So, I am really wanting to buy 4 of the Fires to keep with the cases and controllers. Or, should I plan to fly with a Mini, and shoot with a Fire?

the pilot app is rather CPU intensive causing heat induced video lag issues on even high end devices at times, unlikely to perform well if at all on cheaper devices as they are cheaper for a reason, slower hardware inside. I cant say for sure though, maybe someone else has tried one and can tell you more.

Thanks for the feedback. I get that cheaper slower is a bad deal. On the other hand, Mini 3 was due for a speed bump and didn't get it. So, I just got a Mini 2 for that reason. But surely the newest Fire is faster than an outdated Mini 2. ???

Thanks for the feedback. I get that cheaper slower is a bad deal. On the other hand, Mini 3 was due for a speed bump and didn't get it. So, I just got a Mini 2 for that reason. But surely the newest Fire is faster than an outdated Mini 2. ???
not sure, you could look up the specs but its unlikely a $50 device is going to have very good hardware compared to an even older $400 device. most apps dont require much processing power but the dji one does for some reason, partially due to poor coding/optimization and people havent had much luck with it on cheaper slower devices in the past. not sure if its improved any in the newest version or not, but i doubt it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar