Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Antenna boosters

Reaction score
E7CDE238-60DF-4E32-8751-35AF2D186538.jpeg I have always heard about the antenna booster’s. So I figured I would give them a shot as little as they cost I figured no harm. I just received them today and put them on. And I have to say them **** things do work. I was able to go out twice the distance in my neighborhood then I ever was able to before. I figured that can’t be right. Bought the bird back in landed it took the boosters off and headed back out the same direction the same height and I was able to go out have to distance without them.

they take the circular signal and bounce it forward. only kicker is you always need the RC to be faceing the direction of the Bird

they take the circular signal and bounce it forward. only kicker is you always need the RC to be faceing the direction of the Bird
I understand the theory behind it I just never figured it would work. I always face the direction of the bird anyway to keep my eyes on it.

View attachment 19298 I have always heard about the antenna booster’s. So I figured I would give them a shot as little as they cost I figured no harm. I just received them today and put them on. And I have to say them **** things do work. I was able to go out twice the distance in my neighborhood then I ever was able to before. I figured that can’t be right. Bought the bird back in landed it took the boosters off and headed back out the same direction the same height and I was able to go out have to distance without them.
Which one are these?

With the monitor on the controller it seems that the extenders are naturally pointed straight out or even toward the ground..... If you point them up it puts the monitor in an unreadable position.....

It is a little uncomfortable because you can never get the remote in a position where confort and focus on the craft are simultaneous. However they do work and they are super cheap, I actually got mine for $5.00 from China. None are different of better as no one manufactures a true parabolic reflector which is the best shape. I think the ones made for the Mavic are closer to parabolic, all others are pretty much a cylindrical and probably loose 50% reflective power to the true parabola. I actually wish the antenna could be pointed downward which would allow for better angle adjustment, but I guess they can't unless they are repositioned completely, not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla