Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any App or software to know Inspire Motors RPM (each)?

Hobby shops sell prop speed devices for RC planes. Local Harbor Freight Tools has an electronic tach that uses a silver tape on a blade to count the RPMs. I used it on my P4 and I think at idle it was around 3090 RPM on average with maybe 50 RPM difference while sitting level. Don't know what they would have max'd out at.

Hobby shops sell prop speed devices for RC planes. Local Harbor Freight Tools has an electronic tach that uses a silver tape on a blade to count the RPMs. I used it on my P4 and I think at idle it was around 3090 RPM on average with maybe 50 RPM difference while sitting level. Don't know what they would have max'd out at.

Thanks Casey, yes i will probably buy a Tacometer ..... but i tought i may find an APP that give me that info line Go App 4 does with Phantom 4, i mean if that can do it i guess there is one that does it better and with individual motor i guess ...

keep in mind that I highly doubt the speed of the motors would all be exactly the same, even when hovering.

The rpm of each motor is how drones do everything, yaw - pitch - climb etc.. even in a hover, the drone is holding position and the slightest breeze or even ground effect, would require slight corrections making the rpms different for each motor.

If you're looking to make sure each motor is doing ok, I've read the best way to do that is to get one of those laser/ir temperature measuring guns and check to make the temperature of each motor is similar (again, they won't be exactly the same). Note the temperature of each motor in a calm location hovering just above the ground. On a similar day (ambient temperature wise), check again and if the temperature of any of the motors is a lot different, then you know you MAY have a problem.

Again, not a sure indicator, but higher operating temperature is the first indication of bad bearing. And bearings are the only real failure point (aside for wire connections) that can go bad on brushless motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc