Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any Heads Up for new I1v2 owners?

Reaction score
I ordered the I1V2 with an X5R this week. Never owned an Inspire but do own a P3A and P3P.

I intend to use Litchi as I did with the P3 on my nVidia K1.

I have frozen the firmware on the P3's because of the issues later firmware introduced to a perfectly usable bird. Are there similar things I need to be aware of on the I1v2? Like don't update past firmware X. Or don't allow it to connect to the internet, etc?

I am also an avid DSLR shooter (Nikon). If I did my digging correctly the micro-four/thirds sensor is approximately 1/2 the size of 35mm film so the FOV of the m4/3 lenses should be half the focal length. So doubling it should give a 35mm approximation? So 15mm doubled is approximately 30mm lens on a 35mm camera?

I found a lens compatibility post here but it doesn't seem updated since 2016. Is there a newer list somewhere? And can I assume I need to put lead weights to counter any longer/heavier lenses? Is there an issue doing that with the increased mass? And is there a breaking point with wind drag where a lens with a larger physical wind surface area will over power the gimbal?

Is the 15mm f/1.7 lens it comes with generally a good lens or is it a throw away and start looking for a real lens similar to the marginal lenses most DSLR bodies come with (good enough to get you started but not a serious lens).

And yes, I know the 3 batteries it comes with are the TB47s and smaller. I will get the 48's later. And likely to explore some battery mods.

Heh, yep. Tis me from PhantomPilots forum. Tried to figure out how to use the same login but Cassidy said its not possible. Had to create a new login here.

That's correct. Same for all of us unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk