Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any news on the handheld gimbal mount?

Sent an email to the sales team again and got a reply a few minutes later.

DJI said:
Thanks for your attention on dji.
We're regret we may not be able to launch this product within Q2, as Q2 is about to end in the next two days.
As of now we do not have exact information regarding when will it be announced officially. When it is available, we will be publishing it on our website, however.
Kindly stay posted with our website then.
Thank you

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

Reactions: Kastro
My samsung galaxy note 4 cell phone takes much better quality stills than the inspire 1 camera. I have zero desire for the handheld mount, but i dont have a 4K display either, which is the only positive feature of this camera that i can see.

Why are you in this forum then?
Assume you're talking to me. It's nice for taking stills from the air, wish the camera was better though, don't know why anyone would want to use it on the ground when so many better options are available, lol

Assume you're talking to me. It's nice for taking stills from the air, wish the camera was better though, don't know why anyone would want to use it on the ground when so many better options are available, lol

I don't believe many people will be using it for still images on the ground but more for steady cam type 4K video.

Yes. No one is waiting on this product to shoot stills. It shoots rock solid video from the ground though. Try shooting this video with your galaxy note. I strapped the inspire to the hood of my maverick for this and look forward to the convenience of a hand held gimbal to shoot more trails to cut together with my aerial shots.

Just a thought - is it possible that we are NOT the target audience for the handheld gimbal mount?

My thinking is - even though it's an Inspire camera and given the discussion about the low 4K quality and possible sound, is it more likely then that this is aimed for the amateur film-maker (or hobbyist); possibly one who has a Phantom 2 or 3 with the fish-eye look, but wants something ground-based to take to music events, sports events, holidays, etc?

Just a thought - is it possible that we are NOT the target audience for the handheld gimbal mount?

My thinking is - even though it's an Inspire camera and given the discussion about the low 4K quality and possible sound, is it more likely then that this is aimed for the amateur film-maker (or hobbyist); possibly one who has a Phantom 2 or 3 with the fish-eye look, but wants something ground-based to take to music events, sports events, holidays, etc?

Wouldn't we need or like it for the same reason though?

I gave up and bought a handheld gimbal for my S6 instead since it captures video at same rates in 4K. It's a well balanced item and works well. Post production marrying videos is OK too. Using the handheld to get fill-in shots and created one where the final product looks like I flew through the house and out the back french doors and just kept going up up and away. Came out pretty good too.

The SwiftCam G3 works well for the GoPro platform, don't personally own one, but like anyone here it would be nice to just use the inspire cam alike[emoji6]

Do they use the same mount? I could be wrong, but it looked to me like a complete replacement of that system, meaning the handheld gimbal (at least in its original form) might not have the same plug-and-play between the two.

I would imagine the delay in handheld is due to the new camera. The mount supposedly is the same. With X5 you need a new vibration absorption mount plate, but that plate is backward compatible with X3, suggesting the mount is the same with all 3 cameras. But this is just speculation on my part.

I have rally been waiting for the handheld gimbal but now when I have Galaxy S6 I just wondering if there is a point to buy it. If S6 gives the same quality is there any reason to use Inspire 1 camera and mont S6 as the screen? If you have any ideas please let me know becouse I'm confused. Also sory if my english is bad :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry