Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone had same problem with Permission for Aerial Works?

Reaction score
Website
www.harrisaerialimages.com
Passed my BNUC-S, got my qualification from EuroUSC but I have now reached day number 50, and still no PFAW, have chased EuroUSC who say they have no specific contact at the CAA "Funny".
Have emailed CAA as have already lost one contract, don't want to lose any more.
Anyone else waiting this long or longer?

It's apparently taking up to 3 months from passing the BNUC-s to getting PFAW. Shocking state of affairs tbh.

If you have passed what's the problem? Like passing your driving test, you then have to send your documents off to get a full licence, but you can legally drive until it arrives. Just get a copy of all your paper work which you send off. I would not be loosing money because some pen pusher is enjoying a coffee every 10min.

If you have passed what's the problem? Like passing your driving test, you then have to send your documents off to get a full licence, but you can legally drive until it arrives. Just get a copy of all your paper work which you send off. I would not be loosing money because some pen pusher is enjoying a coffee every 10min.
Actually, no you can't.
You cannot commercially operate until you have PFAW from the CAA.
Additionally, you can run into major problems with your insurers should you have an incident.

Passed my BNUC-S, got my qualification from EuroUSC but I have now reached day number 50, and still no PFAW, have chased EuroUSC who say they have no specific contact at the CAA "Funny".
Have emailed CAA as have already lost one contract, don't want to lose any more.
For EuroUSC to say they do not have a specific contact there is an outright lie.
There are only four people at the CAA who are responsible for UAV operations. Euro talks to Lawrence who heads up the department regularly as do all NQE's

I went with Resource, and I was told about 6 weeks at the moment. This was a couple of weeks back. I was included in the email that went to the CAA. Have to say as well that they were great throughout.

I went with Resource, and I was told about 6 weeks at the moment. This was a couple of weeks back. I was included in the email that went to the CAA. Have to say as well that they were great throughout.
For anybody seeking CAA Permission in the UK I thought I'd just let you know that I've received mine within two weeks of applying, so it looks like they're now getting on top of things. I did the BNUC-S course with EuroUSC and overall it took just under three months as follows:

April 20/21 Theory course
May 11 Submitted Op's Manual for Review
May 22 Manual reviewed (1)
May 24 Submitted amendments
May 27 Manual reviewed (2)
June 23 Flight Examination (my choice of date but could have been two weeks sooner)
July 1 Submitted application for CAA Permission
July 16 Permission granted

A few weeks of this were down to me so if you're an experienced pilot and get stuck into writing the Op's Manual you can reduce this time by maybe three or even four weeks. I must say that I found EuroUSC very helpful throughout and the flight examiner took a very pragmatic approach so I have no complaints.

Also, I was able to do the flight examination with hobby insurance that costs very little (fpvuk.org) and gives you £5m public liability cover. On the advice of EuroUSC when I completed my CAA application they suggested I could make a statement on the form to the effect that my insurance would be upgraded to a commercial policy before I undertook any work. Seems that this was OK.

Hope this is helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool