Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone Used Dual Operator Mode?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has given this a shot yet? Interested how the flying/pilot experience is when someone else is operating the camera? Any difficulties getting your bearings, controlling the inspire, etc.... while in that mode? Looked for some videos on it, but not much out there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have done some flying with a second operator and it is a LOT of fun. Great way to get friends into it. People love to wear the goggles and control the camera. I use the gps mode and fly by sight when others are messing with the camera. It can be done but it can definitely get wonky if they are just messing around. We did some planned flights and I had no problem using the monitor. Should still always have an eye on the sky anyway.

Cool! Glad to hear you like it. Can't wait to try that out (after i get my prop locks) :)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has given this a shot yet? Interested how the flying/pilot experience is when someone else is operating the camera? Any difficulties getting your bearings, controlling the inspire, etc.... while in that mode? Looked for some videos on it, but not much out there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have as well. It is very liberating as a pilot. I go and fly where the camera operator or the DP tells me to go. I don't have to frame the shot, control the camera, adjust the shutter, just fly. They even monitor the lipo condition. I could get used to this. Here is the video that we did.

Here in one of several,

I have as well. It is very liberating as a pilot. I go and fly where the camera operator or the DP tells me to go. I don't have to frame the shot, control the camera, adjust the shutter, just fly. They even monitor the lipo condition. I could get used to this. Here is the video that we did.

Here in one of several,

Ed where is this?

So what is your opinion about using single transmitter and ipad with gimbal touch control for second person vs having second transmitter for cam operator? There is serious price difference here where i live so if touch control can be useful for more serious work it would be great. Pilot could have tfansmitter with small hdmi screen just for preview and operator could have an ipad with gimbal and flight parameters. Ive seen YT video by Ed and seem its work nice but i would like to make sure. Thanks

So what is your opinion about using single transmitter and ipad with gimbal touch control for second person vs having second transmitter for cam operator? There is serious price difference here where i live so if touch control can be useful for more serious work it would be great. Pilot could have tfansmitter with small hdmi screen just for preview and operator could have an ipad with gimbal and flight parameters. Ive seen YT video by Ed and seem its work nice but i would like to make sure. Thanks
This has been discussed on another thread but in short, to save money, it is do-able and to some, even enjoyable. Most people like us, however, prefer joysticks. Like Ed said, nothing like the feel and precision of the sticks.

Here is a nice video of one, who manage the gimbal touch control with an iPad.
Look at the end of the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop