Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone using the Secraft TX tray - and a sunshade?

Reaction score
I've got my iPad Air 2 set up on the Secraft Inspire TX tray with the SE mobile grip L and the double neck strap.

And I cannot find a sunshade configuration that works for me. (I'm also using a LifeProof nuud case, but can't get a working combo with our without). Does anyone have a winning recipe?

On a related note- is anyone having success with their @HoodiVision ? I've got the PadHat Air for my iPad Air 2 and the Hybrid for my nVidia Shield, but I cannot seem to make effective sunshades out of either one- even with the wing struts. They always seem too floppy and misangled to be useful. Maybe I just need the @HoodiVision for Dummies guide... If I had really spent some time trying to use them when I first got them, I probably would have taken advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee.

Last edited:
I've got my iPad Air 2 set up on the Secraft Inspire TX tray with the SE mobile grip L and the double neck strap.

And I cannot find a sunshade configuration that works for me. (I'm also using a LifeProof nuud case, but can't get a working combo with our without). Does anyone have a winning recipe?

On a related note- is anyone having success with their @HoodiVision ? I've got the PadHat Air for my iPad Air 2 and the Hybrid for my nVidia Shield, but I cannot seem to make effective sunshades out of either one- even with the wing struts. They always seem to floppy misangled to be useful. Maybe I just need the @HoodiVision for Dummies guide... If I had really spent some time trying to use them when I first got them, I probably would have taken advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee.
Yes - I use both.
I have the Secraft tray, the large tablet grip and the Hoodivision. Perfect combination for me.
Don't forget the Hoodivision sits at 70degrees to the screen unlike normal useless shades.

Thanks, Editor. Is this with an iPad? Do you have your tablet in a case? And which PadHat config do you use- magnetic, velcro, nano stik, wing struts?

Yes - I use both.
I have the Secraft tray, the large tablet grip and the Hoodivision. Perfect combination for me.
Don't forget the Hoodivision sits at 70degrees to the screen unlike normal useless shades.

Thanks, Editor. Is this with an iPad? Do you have your tablet in a case? And which PadHat config do you use- magnetic, velcro, nano stik, wing struts?
I use the iPad Air 2 (with no cover/case), the Hoodivision magnetic and nanostick (which I keep clean), no wing struts.

Reactions: HoodiVision

On a related note- is anyone having success with their @HoodiVision ? I've got the PadHat Air for my iPad Air 2 and the Hybrid for my nVidia Shield, but I cannot seem to make effective sunshades out of either one- even with the wing struts. They always seem too floppy and misangled to be useful. Maybe I just need the @HoodiVision for Dummies guide... If I had really spent some time trying to use them when I first got them, I probably would have taken advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee.
Hello Ascender,

Please go to our Support page to access instructions and How to Vids.
Use the pulldown menu to find out about Wing Struts, Wing Tabs and cases.

You can also contact Kev at Customer Service [email protected] for assistance.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Reactions: Ascender
Sorry to dig up a relatively old thread, but did you get a hood sorted?

I've got the Secraft tray and bracket coming, and I had planned to get the Hoodman HAV2 Kit for my Air2..

Not really. I have the @HoodiVision and it fits with my iPad and Secraft tray, but I don't really like it. It's not rigid enough- even after I purchased wing struts- and it never seems to stay at the correct angle. I've watched and ready plenty of tutorials on how to use it, but it just doesn't seem practical for my needs. Perhaps because I live in the Sunshine State, I really need a good shade to properly function. I'm very disappointed with both of my PadHats to be honest.

On the other hand, I am planning to pull the trigger on the Hoodman HAV2 kit that you mentioned. Looks like it will really do what I need. Let me know if you end up getting one.

On the other hand, I am planning to pull the trigger on the Hoodman HAV2 kit that you mentioned. Looks like it will really do what I need. Let me know if you end up getting one.

Just waiting for BH Photo to get them back in-stock (cheapest place for me to get one to Europe) - will post back...

Reactions: Ascender

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters