Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anywhere to buy TB47 or TB48 still?

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got an Inspire 1 v1 from a friend but unfortunately, both of the TB47s are completely dead as they sat in his garage for years.
I'm trying to source some new batteries but looks like everything is old stock and over $500 cad online.

Since DJI no longer sells these, are there any reputable sellers that still carry refurbed/refreshed TB47 or TB48?

There are a few threads touching on batteries. If you’re wanting ”new”, not old NOS that’s most likely aged & lost life.

Best solution is KopterMax @ $258 each.
All fresh lipo gel, circuits reset, and includes built-in battery heaters… a feature not in OEM TB48.

Another option is Matrice 100 - TB48D and swap the plastic head from old TB48.

If you are good with a soldering gun and not too impatient taking things apart, HSABAT on ebay offers new guts with more capacity to replace the old ones. They are reasonable and the process is straight forward. Warning: Do not leave soldering gun on single contact too long or bye bye battery in a bad way.

Reactions: Origami
If you are good with a soldering gun and not too impatient taking things apart, HSABAT on ebay offers new guts with more capacity to replace the old ones. They are reasonable and the process is straight forward. Warning: Do not leave soldering gun on single contact too long or bye bye battery in a bad way.
doesn't the smart board need to be reset for replacing the cells? I believe the ones I have are all showing damaged in the app not sure if that will cause any issues.

There are a few threads touching on batteries. If you’re wanting ”new”, not old NOS that’s most likely aged & lost life.

Best solution is KopterMax @ $258 each.
All fresh lipo gel, circuits reset, and includes built-in battery heaters… a feature not in OEM TB48.

Another option is Matrice 100 - TB48D and swap the plastic head from old TB48.

the Koptermax seems promising! I will check them out.

Hey guys, just got an Inspire 1 v1 from a friend but unfortunately, both of the TB47s are completely dead as they sat in his garage for years.
I'm trying to source some new batteries but looks like everything is old stock and over $500 cad online.

Since DJI no longer sells these, are there any reputable sellers that still carry refurbed/refreshed TB47 or TB48?
I have 4 for sale 150 each, all less than 30 charges

Back in April of this year I actually purchased 2 new TB48s here in South Korea. I seem to recall they were 250,000 KRW each (~210 USD). Of course all I can find now is the original email I sent to them, and not any of the responses that followed. I was surprised to find that they still had them new in-box!
If people are interested I could write them again and see what they have left in stock.

Back in April of this year I actually purchased 2 new TB48s here in South Korea. I seem to recall they were 250,000 KRW each (~210 USD). Of course all I can find now is the original email I sent to them, and not any of the responses that followed. I was surprised to find that they still had them new in-box!
If people are interested I could write them again and see what they have left in stock.
Any dates on your boxes... NOS for LiPo's also decays like older batteries. Many NOS have shorter flight times.

Still, a good find if they have for reasonable price.

I’m in Canada now, but will check when I’m back there in January.
What does NOS stand for?

Finally made it back home and checked out the battery boxes. Both are listed with a manufacture date of 2021/4. Now, whether this is the actual production date of the cells, too, or just when the battery was put together and reconditioned or whatever it is they do, I don't know.KakaoTalk_Photo_2022-01-17-11-17-30.jpeg

Finally made it back home and checked out the battery boxes. Both are listed with a manufacture date of 2021/4. Now, whether this is the actual production date of the cells, too, or just when the battery was put together and reconditioned or whatever it is they do, I don't know.View attachment 31924
Wow! That's amazing... per stock sticker. Indicates made 4/21, meaning not even a year old... made the same month you purchased.

That's interesting, DJI supposedly stopped manufacturing Inspire 1 TB48 several years ago.

If you can obtain a Contact, they may have several contacting them.

So I got a response:

고객님 안녕하십니까.
DJI 고객지원팀입니다.
DJI를 이용해 주셔서 감사드립니다.
제조 연월일은 배터리를 만들 날이 맞습니다.
현재 중국 본사로 통해서 TB48 배터리 구매 가능하십니다.
아래 정보를 회신해 주시면 구매건 등록 도와드리겠습니다.
성함:
연락처:
주소지(영어):
구매수량:

The manufacture date written on the battery is indeed the original manufacture date of the battery itself. DJI Korea is receiving its TB48s through the main store in China.
The customer service rep didn't confirm the price in their response, but I did mention that I recalled buying them for 250,000 KRW each last year (~220 US, and keep in mind that over here, taxes are included!), and the didn't say anything about prices having changed.
They want name, contact number, address, and order quantity. Presumably this is only for orders in Korea (it being through DJI Support Korea), but now I'm wondering about orders in Europe/the US. Has anyone shot them an email directly lately to ask about batteries? I'd imagine that if Korea can get them from China that other countries would be able to as well, but maybe it's to do with Korea's proximity.
If indeed they're only available over here, I'm sure there's some way to place a big order and get them shipped over.

so a little update, I purchased a replacement cell from HSABAT and tried to replace my stock TB47, upon powering on the led showing low batt (1 flashing green) but it does power on the aircraft. the app shows all 6 cells @ 4.00V, pack at 24V with 0% battery remaining and 0mha remaining. Now the issue is it will not charge. When I connect the charger, no LED comes on and no sign of charging at all.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

UPDATE: I drained the battery by leaving the AC powered on to about 3.3V per cell (took forever because it won't let me start the motors at 0%) and hooked the charger back on the battery and it was able to charge back up with no issue.

still haven't tried to fly the thing tho, I'm going to drain the battery a few more times to get the battery calibrated further.

Screenshot_20220118-105759.png

Last edited:
So I got a response:

고객님 안녕하십니까.
DJI 고객지원팀입니다.
DJI를 이용해 주셔서 감사드립니다.
제조 연월일은 배터리를 만들 날이 맞습니다.
현재 중국 본사로 통해서 TB48 배터리 구매 가능하십니다.
아래 정보를 회신해 주시면 구매건 등록 도와드리겠습니다.
성함:
연락처:
주소지(영어):
구매수량:

The manufacture date written on the battery is indeed the original manufacture date of the battery itself. DJI Korea is receiving its TB48s through the main store in China.
The customer service rep didn't confirm the price in their response, but I did mention that I recalled buying them for 250,000 KRW each last year (~220 US, and keep in mind that over here, taxes are included!), and the didn't say anything about prices having changed.
They want name, contact number, address, and order quantity. Presumably this is only for orders in Korea (it being through DJI Support Korea), but now I'm wondering about orders in Europe/the US. Has anyone shot them an email directly lately to ask about batteries? I'd imagine that if Korea can get them from China that other countries would be able to as well, but maybe it's to do with Korea's proximity.
If indeed they're only available over here, I'm sure there's some way to place a big order and get them shipped over.
That is indeed amazing that there are still brand new TB48 being made. Have you asked if they still have those in stock and ready to sell in Korea store?

That is indeed amazing that there are still brand new TB48 being made. Have you asked if they still have those in stock and ready to sell in Korea store?
This is exactly how I ordered them before. I didn't realize they were coming from China, but having taken a closer look at the box this time, I see it now!
I sent a follow-up email asking about order limits and to confirm the pricing.
As far as I know they're in stock. That's why I was wondering whether other national DJI centres would be able to order the batteries like DJI Korea does.

TB48s have no buy limit and are 199 USD each. They are ordered from China to Korea by DJI Korea.
When I ordered mine last year I feel like I had them within a week, maybe 10 days, so it was a pretty quick order.

TB48s have no buy limit and are 199 USD each. They are ordered from China to Korea by DJI Korea.
When I ordered mine last year I feel like I had them within a week, maybe 10 days, so it was a pretty quick order.
Great to hear!
Not interested now, but are they ordered direct or coordinated through you? When translating the above message, didn't see a contact reference.

Great Find, and still amazed fresh new TB48's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop