Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App Update

Seems the "Update" was just to get it ready for the Phantom 3 release.
A few references to Phantom 3 as well as some wireframe images I just found when poking around the App.
Screen%20Shot%202015-04-07%20at%208.25.47%20pm.png

How can I get version 1.02 back? I turned on my air2 tonight and had forgotten to turn off automatic updating. I haven flown in over a week, and don't want this new app.

IOS version 1.0.3

4-4-15
MC Error (memory card) on the day I updated the app. Formatted the MC via the pilot app and tested okay.

6-4-15
Went for another flight today. - 28 flights to date. (shou recording the whole time)
None of the following had ever occurred until this update.

3 batteries later and this is how it went down:

Weak RC Signal at 1 kilometer but no loss of control. (I thank god for my good eye sight!)
Battery Level Low Warning at 40% and it come up with the return to home in 10 seconds scenario even though I've set it at 10% Critical - 30% First Warning.
No Signal Warning (no video stream) a few times - reconnected a few seconds later.
Ipad Air 2 completely rebooted whilst flying on the first and third battery.
1 file totally corrupted and this was my furthest flight to this day - Thankfully shou was recording.

I uninstalled and re-installed the app when I got home. I'll test it again soon or maybe I'll wait for the FWU...

Why fix something that didn't need fixing. I can understand that the app will need some sort of tweaking once the new FWU is available but why release an app update way before the FWU has gone live? *slaps forehead*

Scary $hit!

Is there a thread that explains how to get the old version back? I just don't want to put the quad back in the air with this app version. I accidentally downloaded it...

I am hoping Inspire has the same app capabilities like the Phantom 3 soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still have the version 1.0.2 version, and can pull it off my ipad mini, but I'm unsure of the legalities related to doing so. it's not a pirated app, and the price is still Free in the apple app store, so ...

Has anyone experienced their air 2 rebooting itself mid flight since updating to Pilot app1.0.3? I was fortunate to get my air 2 replaced just 2 days ago but I've yet to test it out in the feild. It never did this on the old version. I'm thinking it's possibly ios software related but who knows...

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced their air 2 rebooting itself mid flight since updating to Pilot app1.0.3? I was fortunate to get my air 2 replaced just 2 days ago but I've yet to test it out in the feild. It never did this on the old version. I'm thinking it's possibly ios software related but who knows...
Mine did it on the very first flight after the update, but never again. Was almost like the Air 2 just wanted a reboot after the update.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Just finished successfully updating everything - aircraft, rc, batteries and the new IOS app.
I got the MC Error today for the first time flying over water. I freaked out, immediately thinking it was a "Mission Control Error" and neither Major Tom or Houston were anywhere to be found:)
After reading up top, I am happy to learn it is only a memory card error. I am still using the stock MC. If I am caching my videos with the new director, would this be the reason I received the error?
My memory card was formatted before the flight.
If I want to cash the video I take, am I going to need a higher capacity MC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart