Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

are DJI distributors obligated to give out the new props?

Reaction score
Website
www.phat.hu
Hi I have seen some posts where it´s said that the new props and quick locks are free of charge. is that true to all of DJI distributors like for the proplocks we got to the threaded props?

if yes I will have a chat with my dealer on monday :)

Reactions: Benji
i'll just jack my own thread and ask.
why is it that i have two different accounts / names in the forum although i use the same pass... one on tapatalj and the otger is on my laptop... tzey dont sync. the other question is in the app i also have two different users... but i do not remember making them only one. they also have different flight times.
and last but maybe not least, how do i get the flight data out of the inspire 1 from the back of the bird... do i need a special program so windows will recognize it? it wont connect with mine...

thank you for any help or info on these issues.

I contacted Helipal and they had no idea about this. You'd think dealers would know about it by now..
They do......I have spoken to my dealer (UK) and they are fully aware of the situation and have confirmed they will send them straight out upon receipt.

I have received prop locks from my dealer, UAV Direct (Texas). I did not know anything out replacement props being sent as well? Is this true, should I be getting a set of replacement props?

I have received prop locks from my dealer, UAV Direct (Texas). I did not know anything out replacement props being sent as well? Is this true, should I be getting a set of replacement props?

Yes - but dealers probably won't have them until mid April (they have one's for purchase, but DJI is sending out extras to cover any user that purchased the Inspire previously that did not already have the quick release adapters)

All Inspire will be eligible for receiving new props, as other mentioned in mid April (at the earliest Im guessing) not sure if you will get them directly or through your dealer yet.

According to my dealer, only new buyers of an Inspire will get the quick release props. Not if you already own one :(

According to my dealer, only new buyers of an Inspire will get the quick release props. Not if you already own one :(
Wrong! (Not you...your dealer). I have had confirmation from three separate dealers (UK) that quick release props and adapters will be offered foc once received in mid April.
This will probably be a case of the dealer tells you one story and then keeps the kits from DJI to sell on at a profit when in fact he recieved them free of charge.

Exactly what I was thinking that dealer might try to pull. You should get 6 props, its up to the dealer to distribute so you might have to pay for shipping,

My dealer (Multicopter Warehouse) has posted on Facebook that DJI is sending the quick disconnect props and adapters FREE for ALL previously purchased Inspires and they expect them to arrive mid-April at the earliest. FDJI has decided that the original props for the Inspire are just not a good design and the E800 props are the way to go because they do not come loose during flight.
I would say that if your dealer is saying they are not supplying them free that you should contact DJI support about that dealer.

I have already purchased the quick disconnect props and adapters for myself, but I have been told I will get a free set as soon as they come in. I am not going to expect them until June, though.

Last edited:
I called my dealer, UAV Warehouse (Texas) and they confirmed they would be sending props as soon as they came in. They have already sent prop locks and additional batteries I have ordered. They have been extremely responsive to any questions that I have had.

If it's true that DJI are supplying the new props free of charge because the old ones are a poor design, can someone then tell me why the f*#k they're still selling the original props on their own website?? I Ordered 2 sets last week!

If it's true that DJI are supplying the new props free of charge because the old ones are a poor design, can someone then tell me why the f*#k they're still selling the original props on their own website?? I Ordered 2 sets last week!
It's not that they are a 'poor' design it's that the new ones are 'better' (kind of). It means that DJI can market two platforms (E800 system and the Inspire) and only need to tool up for one type of prop/adapter. It also gives them the revenue of a 'consumable' item since even if you do not crash or damage the props they will still need replacing after circa 200 flights...... More money for DJI and less manufacturing variations !!

With the prop locks, they don't fall off much. So maybe 'poor design' is not entirely accurate. They are definitely inferior to the E800 design, in my opinion (apparently DJI agrees). In the long run, the E800 props look like a better option for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry