Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Are filters required or optional for inspire 2 zenmuse x7 + 16 mm lens?

Reaction score
Hi I am new to drone flying in general. Have an inspire x7 kit incoming and wondering if I need to buy the filters or am I good without them? Already spent a handsome sum so if they aren't essential will spare the cost of buying filters. Thanks. Also for the filter (if I do buy them) are these scratches or just UV coating imperfections? (in other words will they affect image quality - please see attachment).Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 8.26.44 AM.png

Reactions: Fina
Hi I am new to drone flying in general. Have an inspire x7 kit incoming and wondering if I need to buy the filters or am I good without them? Already spent a handsome sum so if they aren't essential will spare the cost of buying filters. Thanks. Also for the filter (if I do buy them) are these scratches or just UV coating imperfections? (in other words will they affect image quality - please see attachment).View attachment 34108
Depending on angle of lighting, those scratches will either ruin the shot or will be completely unnoticeable. I would junk it.

There are many filters available. "Should I buy filters?" is waaaay too broad of a question to be answered intelligently. You might want to include your intentions for the drone.

D

Hi I am new to drone flying in general. Have an inspire x7 kit incoming and wondering if I need to buy the filters or am I good without them? Already spent a handsome sum so if they aren't essential will spare the cost of buying filters. Thanks. Also for the filter (if I do buy them) are these scratches or just UV coating imperfections? (in other words will they affect image quality - please see attachment).View attachment 34108
Don’t use that filter!! I like the previous response that your question is too broad. Do you care about the depth of field (bokeh) in the background? If you don’t, you can crank down your aperture and get away without the filter. However, I do not recommend that.

Don’t use that filter!! I like the previous response that your question is too broad. Do you care about the depth of field (bokeh) in the background? If you don’t, you can crank down your aperture and get away without the filter. However, I do not recommend that.
You know, it's funny about the whole depth of field thing. RARELY does this come into play in drone cinematography because rarely are objects close enough to the lens to be blurred. The only examples of objects getting within 10' of the lens might be rising over a tree or some other obstacle. Nowadaze, with cinewhoop, lots of objects get into the blur zone, but they're moving so fast that you either don't notice it or these closeup objects are blurred by motion anyway. So the depth of field becomes almost redundant. Interesting topic worthy of discussion.

D

You know, it's funny about the whole depth of field thing. RARELY does this come into play in drone cinematography because rarely are objects close enough to the lens to be blurred. The only examples of objects getting within 10' of the lens might be rising over a tree or some other obstacle. Nowadaze, with cinewhoop, lots of objects get into the blur zone, but they're moving so fast that you either don't notice it or these closeup objects are blurred by motion anyway. So the depth of field becomes almost redundant. Interesting topic worthy of discussion.

D
Yeah very interesting! It really depends on the work. I fly within 3 feet of objects for a lot of my work, so it’s really important. For others who are farther, it does t matter as much.

Yeah very interesting! It really depends on the work. I fly within 3 feet of objects for a lot of my work, so it’s really important. For others who are farther, it does t matter as much.
I would be super interested in seeing an example.

D

Reactions: Fina

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102